Tuesday, October 31, 2006

SuperLinoleum

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

It's a chick with an eyeball cape!

Huh?

Um, yeah...



You know, it was surprisingly easy for me to get ready for work today...Slipping on my red pants and boots (both of which are Linoleum wardrobe staples oh by the way), pinning my eyeball emblem (which doubles as a coaster when not on super hero duty) to my SuperShirt and pulling my newly crocheted SuperLinoleum mask over my eyes. Ahhh, I love Halloween!

I also love Red Heart Super Saver!
Mon dieu!
Now, now, I'm just as yarn snobby as the next person. But hey, a SuperLinoleum on the go doesn't have time to wait for her cape to be dry cleaned. Nope, it has got to be wash and wear. And hel-lo? Nobody but Red Heart does red quite like this...


Even the eyeball emblem on back is brought to you by that crunchy queen of acrylic fiber...Oh, and don't forget the one on the front of my shirt!



I seriously made a dent in my RHSS stash this Halloween by working up this ensemble.

Is stashbusting a super power?

It is now...

Happy Halloween everyone!

Copyright 2006 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All rights reserved.

29 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Halloween! Awesome trademark eyes on your costume! The Wilton yarn dyeing thing, i got from this post
http://crankygrrrrrl.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/48-things-you-could-care-less-about/

She does it all the time. I have a 12 pack, & i'm ready to go!

dizzy von damn! said...

you are adorable.

i love your eyes. all 893475983475693478 of them.

turtlegirl76 said...

Wonderful! How deliciously creative!

InkyW said...

if you hug me does that mean you've got your eye(s)on me?

you look maaaahvehlous!

Anonymous said...

I had a great laugh today!

Jerry & Maxy said...

You rule!

Deneen said...

Very cool! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!

JessZ said...

That rocks!

dancingdishes said...

Dude! You're the Super Saver Super Hero! Rad! I wanna be a Super Yarn Hero! That's rad! Love the ideas! Happy Halloween!

Jessica said...

Ha! Fabulous!

Jennifer said...

That is fantastic! So is the swamp crone shawl by the way. Happy Haloween!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW you'd have something fabulous on this Halloween. You have the most beautiful eyes. Happy Haunts!

Heather Cox said...

Fabulous!

noricum said...

Ooooo... I wish I had a stashbusting superpower too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Woman, you rock!!!

Ellen Bloom said...

Regina...I give my virtual crown of the Red Heart Queen of Crochet to you!!! Awesome costume!!! Happy Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Love it!

Green Kitchen said...

Stash busting is definitely a superpower.

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween right back atcha! Love the costume!

Lynn said...

I gotta learn me some crochet. Spinning goes quickly enough, but knitting takes forever.

And I don't have forever, particularly when it comes to nifty Halloween capes.

Micky said...

Holy Bloodshot Eyeballs Batman!
It's great!!
:)

Pam said...

Love it!

Shell said...

So very cool, and I could use your amazing stashbuster powers around my place.

LG said...

You made me laugh, Regina! The perfect costume for you!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!! I love it. Do you have a pattern for it you can share?

Susan

Susan Schwake said...

lovely eyes, lovely cape and love that warm mask. we could use some sensible costume warmth like you have here in chilly NH!
your outfit is super!

Unknown said...

YaY!!! Totally wicked spooky Halloweenish!! Great Job!!

Gina said...

Wow, so cool and creative! And I bet no one had one like it!

Anonymous said...

Freaking AWESOME!