Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Evolution Of The Doll - The Babysitter

13 Artists
13 Dolls
18 Months
2 Gallery Shows
And A Gazillion Bottles Of Wine...

Evolution of the Doll!

This week's doll star is...The Babysitter!

I really, really wanted to post this doll on Halloween (you'll see why shortly), but last week was nuts so I am suffering from blog backlog.

Base Artist: Stephanie

Artist Background: Garden Designer, sculptor and resident hipster. Not only can she turn your average slab of sod into a work of art, but she can manage to attend 5-7 parties seamlessly on any given night without succumbing to exhaustion. Now this my friends, IS talent.

Base Round: Rag doll. Harmless enough, right??? Yeah, keep going...



Round One: Laurel

Evolutionary Change: Channeling Francis Bacon. The tone is set.



Round Two: Lena Linoleum

Evolutionary Change: Not only did my precocious child name this nefarious creature The Babysitter, but she went so far as to say this slightly twisted gal takes a few souvenirs home with her from the job! Yeah, I know. My child is definitely a chip off the old block...



Round Three: Young

Evolutionary Change: Panties.



Round Four: LadyLinoleum

Evolutionary Change: Tats on her arm and um, err, souvenir...



Her face...



And hip...



Round Five: Jonna

Evolutionary Change: A cloak fit for an Anguisette. (Anyone read Kushiel's Dart?)



Round Six: Stacy

Evolutionary Change: I know that upon seeing this wicked chick your first thought must have been, "Gee, she could really use a pair of ice skates." Am I correct???

This photo is priceless...



Round Seven: Janet

Evolutionary Change: Exhausted from a hard night on the job. Must. Sit. Down. In chair of course!





Round Eight: Bea

Evolutionary Change: Take her lead...



Round Nine: Dyane

Evolutionary Change: Stockings.

And

Round Ten: Bee

Evolutionary Change: Cloak trim.



Gallery View:



Evolution of the Doll!

Okay, I told you she was definitely dark and fit for Halloween, did I not?

Only two more dolls peeps. Don't worry though. I've got a new series to unveil...Lots of work to show from the basement of LabLinoleum.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes, I did indeed read "The Dart".

That is one disturbing babysitter!

Mary Poppins, she is NOT.

:0O Nancy

Crafty Andy said...

I have subscribed to your blog. I instantly know when you post something new. The doll and the way you make the storyline is fantastic. Great work!!!

Unknown said...

*squeals with delight*
One dark and spooky babysitter.
Love the leash. and the pose with the panties is priceless, looks like she's gasping in horror at her newfound undies.
But my fave would have to be the addition of the stockings.
Excellent work!

Jessica said...

You're right about the shot on the toilet - pretty hysterical!

I believe I may have had this babysitter...

Heather Cox said...

Aaack...having teenage babysitting days flashbacks...shudder...if only I'd had a leash back then!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I got scared when I saw the face...I'm going to put "The Dart" on my reading list now.

Anonymous said...

That is one babysitter I believe my children may just listen too. They'd be too scared not to ;)

All she needed was an Armadillo purse. *wink*

Squishybear said...

HA! One more reason why I don't leave my kids with babysitters!!!!! Look at what they turn into when you aren't looking! :-P

Anonymous said...

COMO HACES PARA TENER TANTO MAL GUSTO????