Monday, April 25, 2005

Recliner Skeleton

I am a huge fan of filet crochet. There's just something about following a chart I really like. It's kind of like a big puzzle. I love it!

Anyway, I am really into skeletons (throwback to my days as a teenage goth I guess). So, I've made two life-size skeletons in the past year. The first was made entirely from filet crochet. The second is made from felt, hand sewn, double sided, jointed and embroidered (I will post this one another time).

Today I am posting pics of the filet crochet skeleton. All the bone doilies are life-size and tacked onto a recliner with doily screw pins. I used DMC Traditions in white (lots and lots of thread). I make my own charts and document the stitch pattern as I go. This guy was in the show with the squid.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Copyright 2005 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All Rights Reserved.

6 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

That makes me hungry!! Seriously, what a great doily!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I just love seeing the amazing things you create! Approximately how long did it take to make this particular skelly?

Deneen said...

How freaking cool is that!!?? I've never tried filet crochet, and am in awe, once again, that you do your own charts, etc.

Utterly amazing!

LadyLinoleum said...

Sheila - this guy took me a while. I didn't work on it consistently either. On average though, it would take me an evening to chart a bone and anywhere from two to three evenings to crochet a bone. The ribcage took longer though. Probably double time.

Deneen - this process is totally easy! Just try it. And if you need help I am an email away!

Drew - You rock as always!

Ro said...

Okay, that's it, you've done it now girlfriend.

I am sitting here with hook and thread (ME with thread! Do you have any idea how unbelievable that is???) and I'm getting the feel of this meshing and blocking. I have about 10 windows up and I wish I had grid paper! LOL

I'm gonna beat this thing and make my Bajoran logo if it kills me.

If it does, please bury my attempts at the pattern with me, thank you LOL

You RULE! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

hugs
ro

Anonymous said...

I think I might be in love with you, in the platonic, artistic, non-creepy way, I promise. Doily skellys!!!! Cheez-its! Vegetables! Chickens! I may have died and gone to blog heaven.