Monday, March 10, 2008

Anchor Tote

I've been on a stashbusting kick as of late. This latest project used up some of my Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece stores.

I give you the Anchor Tote...



The design of this tote is the progeny of a bag design I did for Crochet Today mag, which should be available this summer. Also, this seafaring baggy is crocheted in the round with an F hook, anchor is an applique that is crocheted separately and sewn onto the bag and the handles are made from braided crocheted strips.



Neato eh?

Oh, I almost forgot about this feature...the Tote is completely reversible!



Although this bag is quite simple to make, methinks it quite stylish. It was a great way to use up all of my cotton stash too! I may be making more of these. Different themes of course.

Happy Monday everyone!

16 comments:

argylerabbit said...

This is fabulous! (I must admit I headed straight to Ravelry to see if there was any hint of a pattern so I could start my own.)

Love it, love it, love it.

KRT said...

It's nice... for someone else... but where are the animal parts? The bug eyes? The killer corn??

I want to see WACKY from you!! You can get normal anywhere.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) It's very cute, and very patriotic, which we could choose to look at in a satirical way. Which is the way I'm going to chose. Even taken straight, it is a fine bit of crafting.

MplsMel said...

Great bag. Now I need to learn to crochet again.

Anonymous said...

Now see, I'm a nautically-inclined sort, so I love it (and didn't even think 'patriotic' until seeing the comments- though I'm not sure why red, white and blue come off as classical nautical colors to me).

I've yet to figure out crochet, though, and not for lack of trying. Some day!

Stephanie said...

how awesome!! LOVE IT!

Micky said...

Why it's like magic. How does it go from 2 colors to three just by turning it inside out?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Or maybe I just need to wake up first.
;)

StitchLuva and Yarn said...

i just love it, everything about it and i can see so many wonderful options from this pattern.

PS.. you are so much more than just wacky to me, so i love to see this side of you.

Batty said...

It's cute and great for summer. Very nice bag.

Gina said...

Yes it's really neato! And it's a two fer, wow, double cool!

DaCraftyLady said...

Awesome, cannot wait to get the pattern...

Unknown said...

Are there instructions for the anchor anywhere. I am trying to make one, smaller than the one on the bag, in order to decorate a tea cozy. My daughter has requested a cozy in her teams colours and there moto is an anchor. Have had no luck finding a pattern.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness do you have the anchor pattern written out!? I've been looking for one this size EVERYWHERE!

The Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Butterfly Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Effect said...

Do you have a pattern for this? My daughter is in the Navy and I would LOVE to do this one for her!

The Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Butterfly Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Effect said...

Do you have a pattern for this? My daughter is in the Navy and I would love to make this for her!

Pami said...

this is lovely! i would like to make one for me, too.
do you have the pattern available?
greetings from germany, hamburg
pami