Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Knitted Wings!

Check out these babies...



Are they not delicate?



Delectably dainty?





Deniably dystopic?

Delightfully detached from all things dreadful?

Dramatic?

Dreamy?

An in-dee-spensible part of daily wardrobe?

Yeah, I kinda like 'em...

Based upon my crocheted wings, this diaphanous knitted duo was created with lace weight mohair and size 4 needles. They're nothing, if not dazzling...

Yes, I am totally obsessed with the yarn wing thing and be that as it may, I decided to kick my yarn-y winged pursuit up a notch (channeling Emeril) and make another pair. Only this time with a larger gauge and slightly more fuzzy. And purple-y. With gold flecks. Oh, and maribou encrusted ribbon for the ties! Take a looksee at the result...





No, I was not listening to Purple Rain on repeat.







I was, however, thinking about a nice fashion accessory to wear to this little outing. Now all I need are some shoulder pads and I'll be the belle of the, um, karaoke-infused ball...I know, I'm a dork!

Copyright 2006 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All rights reserved.

20 comments:

chittavrtti said...

I saw the Psychadelic Furs at the Fillmore in SF about five years ago. Very Happy show :)***CV

Sachi said...

You're so freakin' fast! You amaze me.

Jessica said...

Both bee-yoo-tee-full, but I absolutely love love LOVE the purple ones! Fantabulous work as usual!

Deneen said...

The first set is very delicate, pretty. I love the colorway of the second set.

Anonymous said...

Your wings are absolutely divine!!! I can't decide on my favorite pair... each set is so very wonderful and different.

Does your house have caution signs posted? 'Cause at the speed you turn out things, hooks & needles must just be flying around!

As always, your creations are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Awesome wings. Love the colors.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the purple wings!!!

dizzy von damn! said...

they look GREAT! will you be coing tonight? your gift has arrived...

mwa hahahaha!

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh how cool. Now THAT is an original take on a shawl or cape. I'd wear a pair of those.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this. You're so brilliant!

FinnyKnits said...

Delightfully fuzzy and awfully creative, if you ask me. Fancy work!

Ellen Bloom said...

All of the wings are gorgeous! How 'bout adding some wire to the edges of the wings so they actually look like you're about to take flight? It might be difficult getting thru doorways, but I think it would look faboo!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I love the diaphanous ones!!! I wanna make some. They look like fairies' wings, and you *know* we can all use some o' those!

Susan Schwake said...

oh my take me back to the 80s... the wings could do that, they are so lovely that i could fly right into "lets go crazy"
you are amazing. i mean where COULDN"T you wear those delicate beauties?
just beware of fly tape....

Red Rocket said...

Love that mohair. Looks like a pair of fuzzy bumblebee wings. What fun!

Pam said...

Love your mohair wings!

Rebecca said...

love them! i MUST make some for my daughter!! will you have a knitting pattern as well? what about size variations?
have you considered doing double-wings. bigger on bottom with a smaller set on top... kinda dragon-flyish...
oooooooo
i'm going to ck out some good knitpick lace wts to use for this!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should go and wear BOTH sets of those beautiful wings. That show would almost be worth a trip to LA - my brother lives real close to the Hollywood Bowl.

barbe said...

those are SOO cool, and you are so fast as making them!! I't woulda taken me 3 yrs!

beautiful!

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Love the purple wings!

Come next Valentines Day, come out with me for some radical glitter terror. We get dressed up in our wings and fairy best and hand out valentines and toys in odd places to random strangers. It is delightfully confusing.