Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Month of Softies Submission - May Flowers

I tried and tried people to do a nice sweet flower. Really. I did! But, to be me is to be a bit twisted. So, my submission to May's Month of Softies May Flowers theme is something more, well, carnivorous....

A Venus Flytrap!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

With a...um...err...removeable eyeball!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Notice the nerves hanging off the back...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Big smile!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And fabulous white...well, teeth!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The whole thingamobob is crocheted out of various weights of mercenized cotton and was created using sc and a little dc and hdc for shaping. Ta-da! There ya have it. Carnivorous flora. Whooohooo!

All content and images copyright 2005 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All rights reserved.

18 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Fantastic job. Makes me hungry!!

Deneen said...

I love your art, especially the amazing eyeball!

Keep it up, you inspire me!

Catana said...

Oh, my gawd! I was thinking about doing something less than sweet for Month of Softies, but anything I could come up with would be sugar coated next to that. You are truly a madwoman. LOL

Kimberly said...

Oh wow! I absolutely love this guy! The removeable eyeball rocks! You have done a great job with him...slightly twisted for a flower theme, but nonetheless he is perfect!

Anonymous said...

OH OH I love me some venus flytrap!!! I want to buy one of those. Please. Pretty please? Are you expensive? You should be. That is amazing art!

See you at snb tonight!! Right? Promise me you're coming!

LadyLinoleum said...

You guys like my flower!!! Cool...Sometimes I make this stuff and I just don't know, you know? LOL

I will be at SNB WITH the flytrap Laurie!

Anonymous said...

Really excellent. An interpretation of May Flowers that is quite unexpected. Love it!

Deb said...

Hmmm.... sweet...hmmmm....Must be a different kind of sweet. ;-)
You really are quite an artist. Your stuff should be on display! Very unique, indeed.

Unknown said...

that is so amazing.

Anonymous said...

hi! I came across your site from Leisel. LOVE the Venus flytrap! freaking brilliant!

Rebecca said...

this is just TOO good!!!

Rebecca said...

this is just TOO good!!!

vicki said...

i love your creations. that venus fly trap is awesome. i wish i had the pattern as my doctor(who is a strange man for sure,) has a vw bug with the flower vase, and has been looking for one for a long time(fake one LOL) and that would make a perfect christmas present to him as while he is odd, he is also a awesome doctor LOL you going to sell the pattern? if so please let me know. thanks so much

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool may flower!! :-) I especially love the removable eyeball. I am looking forward to see more of your work.

Grangry said...

Straight out of Little Shop of Horrors. OMYG, that eyeball!

dancingdishes said...

You are so creative!!! Thanks for the inspiration! I love the nerves! It's those little details that make big differences! Keep it up, you crochetin' fool! ;^D

Cynara said...

I just discovered your blog, and girl, you are my all time favorite-scrumble-crochety hero!!!

way to go!

-marisol

singapore florist said...

wow it looks scary in a good way.