Sunday, October 29, 2006

Swamp Crone Shawl

What does a girl do with piles of crocheted severed fingers and eyeballs? Give 'em out to trick-or-treaters? Perhaps. Strewn them about the mantel as holiday decor? Well, sure. I know! How 'bout attaching them to a netted shawl for a bit of Halloween costume-age? Sound uh, interesting?

Introducing the Swamp Crone Shawl!



Here it is draped about this blog's spokesmodel...



Crocheted using this acrylic-y stuff and honeycomb stitch, Swamp Crone worked up quickly. I even fringed the edges and I'm not normally a fringer, at least, not in the yarn sense. But hey, one does what one must for one's craft.

Up close and personal with the ghoulish accoutrements...

An eyeball...



Detached digit...



And a good ole brown spidey!



Oh, and all self-respecting Swamp Crones never leave their respective shacks upon stilts without a trusty Eyeball of Infinite Wisdom...



Ahhh, I love Halloween!

Copyright 2006 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All rights reserved.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Halloween, too! Nice swamp shawl! (not a compliment I give everyone.) ;)

Crafty Andy said...

How can something be so disgusting and beautiful. It must be a Regina Original. Arts has never been more fun. Thank You!

Anonymous said...

This wonderful piece of work calls to mind one of my favorite ever songs...."Swamp Witch" by Jim Stafford
http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/27/messages/1145.html

LOL, i have been listening to it every day...it's on the Halloween mix CD i made this year! :D

LOVELOVELOVE the shawl!!!

Anonymous said...

That is freakin sweet! A wardrobe must have for every self-respecting supernatural fashionista. Way to go!!

Kiki

Deneen said...

Very cool~ The JA Boucle is perfect for this!

Anonymous said...

I love it. Now, I know what I will "be" for hallowen next year :)

Lynn said...

You're weird, dear.

Keep it up!

Carol said...

Genius!

Anonymous said...

I just knew this would be the place to come to view Halloween-ness at its finest. Creepily excellent shawl, dahling.

Anonymous said...

You are so very very cool! Cool doesn't seem like enough of an adjective... but I'm stymied for a better one.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

that yarn is absolutely the perfect choice for an old crone like you! I was wondering what you would do with your extra pieces/parts, and boy did you!!!

I should become innured to my level of amazement at your work, but it just aint happenin.

Anonymous said...

You are sooooo twisted!!! What a cool shawl. You are the "ghoulest" crochet artist of all time! Have a spooky Halloween!

LG said...

Woo Hoo! Scary Shawl! ;) Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh - I can just imagine the feel of that foamy stuff. Very creepy!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh - I can just imagine the feel of that foamy stuff. Very creepy!

Susan Schwake said...

with this sort of art to wear, i could love halloween too!
brown spidey is me favorite! amazing...

Anonymous said...

You and your work continue to amaze me!

christianne said...

you truly are a talent. that's fantastic!

Micky said...

Oh how awesome! I so wanted to have some fingers done by Halloween. Oh well, every day can be Halloween. So I'll just do it when I can.
(Especially since I haven't found the yarn for them yet.)
:)