Sunday, July 31, 2005

July Month of Softies - Sock Monkeys

This MOS theme was easy because I was able to use an existing softie that I made last year. One of these days we can discuss my sock monkey collection for which I made this lovely addition. Yes, I have a sock monkey collection. Big surprise there! At any rate, meet the topsy-turvy monkey doll:



In touch with both masculine and feminine side, this monkey is quite well adjusted and need not spend any hard earned dollars on the therapist's couch. I hand sewed this guy/gal using four pairs of socks.



Mr. Monkey is sporting a fez and vest made from felt in addition to an embroidered unibrow and mustache.



Ms. Monkey is adorned with gorgeous crocheted curls, embroidered eyelashes and a lovely beanie with a pompom. Oh, and she has cute little floral-shaped boobies! Yes, she's flat, but endowed nonetheless. I sewed a reversible skirt to separate the two monkey genders and Voila! A monkey sans identity crisis!

Copyright 2005 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All rights reserved.

16 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

OMG i love monkeys.. not as much as giraffes but i love them !!!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Monkey kind of reminds me of that guy from the Austin Powers movie...where Austin and Felicity trick the guy with the fez on his head to give up the location of Dr. Evil. LOL. Keep up the good work. ;-)

Deneen said...

You do rock!

~drew emborsky~ said...

Monkeys always make me think of that banquet scene in Indiana Jones. Again, your post has made me hungry...

Katy said...

I just figured her little flower boobies were pasties. Revealed of course by some "wardrobe malfunction" Great work as always. I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

your monkeys rock!

Anonymous said...

your monkeys rock!

SUMMERSGIRL said...

They are awesome. I must reclaim my monkey from years gone by. He/she is still living at my mothers. I am also inspired to make the kit I bought at Walmart. I hear it calling to be created and dressed up with crochet items. Love the flower boobies!

Anonymous said...

I love the mustache and the boobies. What if they were on one monkey? Ha! I just love coming to your blog to see what will be here next.

Kimberly said...

Love the monkeys! Monkeys always reminds me of that song from Aladdin...."He’s got the monkeys, let’s see the monkeys"! LOL! Great job once again!!

Nancy said...

Hey hey we're the MONKEYS..

Thought of making a band???

Mike was my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Your monkeys are wonderful! That sparse, fringy mustache makes me cringe a little. So creepy-cool.

kath red said...

these are so cool. as if you wouldn't have a sock monkey collection.

Jana said...

that's awesome regina!

Oslofia said...

I love your monkeys...they rock =)

Nancy said...

I had a topsy turvy doll when I was a little girl........but it was....well. Let's just say that it wouldn't be considered PC nowadays. It was beautifully made tho, and I wish I still had it, as the person who made it was my great grandmother (yes she who picked up sailors).

btw: you're right, Drew came up with GREAT captions. lol