Friday, April 04, 2008

Bee Season Scarf

A scarf to wear as the last vestiges of winter give way to the warmth and color of spring...





This lovely woolly wonder is knit from Lamb's Pride worsted in a honeycomb pattern from one of my current favorite stitch dictionaries. (Oh, I know! You guys don't like these books due to lack of charts. I however, love them!)



The stitch pattern required every other stitch to go on a cable needle. At first this fact was a bit maddening, but soon I was motoring along as a rhythm began to develop. I think the entire scarf took me a few weeks to complete.

I finished the muffler off with a crocheted picot edge...



And six little needle felted bees...



The bees took me longer to make than the actual scarf! Although, I think they were definitely worth the effort!

Copyright 2008 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All rights reserved.

17 comments:

sgeddes said...

The scarf is both huge and wonderful! The detail picture is lovely.

Deneen said...

I love the scarf-the needle felting is terrific.

BTW, Lena is really becoming a gorgeous young woman-must be scaring you a little (would be scaring me):)

Ellen Bloom said...

The picot edge is perfect! LOVE those beez.

Anonymous said...

This is the most beautiful of your creations, I think. Lovely!

kerri said...

If everyone blogs just a little bit more spring related items we might just convince the weather to warm up!
The bees are too sweet!

Unknown said...

I love the colors! Very cute! And the bees look wonderful!!!

Micky said...

Very cute.
:)

turtlegirl76 said...

The bees are too cute! Love the way the yarn works with the pattern though. So very pretty.

Heather said...

both are beautiful! i dread my girls getting older. they are already attracting more attention from boys than i would like :0)

Batty said...

That's awesome! The bees make it perfect.

Feral Housewife X said...

oh, Regina... this is so great! i love it... so cutte! i was wondering what you were going to do with the needle felted bees... i must confess... i was thinking more along the lines of "The Swarm" and "Terror from the Sky"!

Gina said...

bzzzzzuetiful!

Unknown said...

This scarf is simply beautiful. What a warm color.

Willow said...

Very cute, indeed. I just wish there were a similar crochet pattern for those of us who aren't knitters. *sniff* ::puppy dog eyes::

Shelly said...

Beautiful stitch pattern, beautiful girl. I love your blog and designs because they are so unique.

Louise Hill said...

I love this stitch. Great look. The addition of the bees are adorable.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I like the stitch on this and the bees are just wonderful!