Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Road Kill Korn & The Life Neurotic

Here's the elder member of the Vegetable Liberation Army, Road Kill Korn!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Copyright 2005 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All rights reserved.

I don't have this guy's story up on the website yet, but I hope to get that done this weekend.

On another front, I've been rearranging my studio/"we don't know where to put it so it's been put in this room" room before work for the last three days. Okay, let me preface this with a little bit o' history. I am neurotic. There, it's out there. Now, the level of my neurosis is such that I get up every morning an hour and a half to two hours earlier than I must get up to get ready for work so that I can clean my house/organize stuff around the house/feed my zoo/etc. So, in a neurotic fervor I've been trying to get my stash under control, for the past three days. I am pretty good about keeping up with this, but occasionally it still gets out of hand. The reason for my sudden need to organize the not organized is that (i) as I stated above, I am, you guessed it, neurotic and (ii) I will be moving in a month or so, give or take, and I am desperately afraid of NOT having enough plastic bins ( I love plastic bins - I will be erecting a shrine to Rubbermaid soon - pics to come). So, I have been trying to gauge how many more I will need to buy before hard-core packing ensues. Big problems right? For one who is neurotic, you betcha!

This brings me to my next issue...we will be moving. I HATE moving, but it must be done. The hubby and I are in the process of purchasing an overpriced condo in West Los Angeles (we currently inhabit an apartment a couple of blocks away from where we are buying). We wanted a house, but in our 'hood crackerboxes (we're talking 1000 square feet) are pushing 1 million bucks (oh yeah, welcome to LA). And we can't move further out (the infamous Valley) because I won't go to work if I have to commute and well, my family likes food so I don't have much choice. I HATE commuting even more than moving! So, we are getting a 1700 square foot condo, fixer-upper (yes, we have to overhaul the place because right now it is pretty much "early ugly" or as I fondly refer to the current decor, a visual nightmare) for an exorbitant price that takes my breath away, really. So, my usual state of level 5 neurosis has been kicked up to level, oh, 8 or 9 (I'm being conservative).

I don't know about you all, but for me, when I am in this state of mind, crocheting is my lifevest. I work out all my neurotic anxiety with hook and yarn. And for me, the smaller the hook and yarn the more complex the pattern, the more likely I am to lose myself in the process, thereby quelling my current state of "neurotica" (yes, I know this is not a word). Hence the sudden need to crochet mini-things and my much beloved filet crochet. I have a couple of filet UFO's that have been sitting for months crying out to be finished. Now's the time to pick those up (one of them is my filet crochet opus - all the lyrics to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious") and make some headway.

Anyway peeps, I wanted to say thanks again for reading my blog and posting comments. I REALLY, REALLY appreciate it!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh c'mon ... move to the Valley! You know you want to! Free parking! Real yards (ok, real yards next to The Incest Twins, but still!), plus a 7-11 on every corner! You know I'm enticing you... oh! And goon yarn shops! And crazy cat ladies who use too many exclamations!!

I love that your corn's favorite book is "Chicken Oup For The Soul." LOL

Anonymous said...

Um, I meant to say "Soup" not "Oup" ... because that would be weird, not funny.

Catana said...

Aha! Now I understand. They say all genius has a touch of insanity about it. We are the beneficiaries of your neuroses.

~drew emborsky~ said...

If you moved to the Valley it would be so much easier for me to visit you both. I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

...westsider!

Sheri said...

ooooh - neat stuff! I am liking your blog.

Thanks for sharing your talent!

Anonymous said...

I am speechless! Your creatures are amazing! I bow down to you -

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Your website is amazing! Laurie turned us onto it. We're all stalkers in our own way. I see that you live in L.A. We would love it if you would grace us with your presence at the West Hollwood Stitch 'n Bitch. We meet every Thursday night from 7-9:30-ish at the Original Farmers Market, 3rd and Fairfax, in the upstairs dining area. We do have lots of laughs and talk endlessly about yarn!

L.A. Ell

Anonymous said...

OK, you get up an hour or two early just to *gasp* clean your house???!! I'm saying move to texas, denton to be exact... you can come stay with us. I'm just saying ya know you could get up and clean MY HOUSE!

I love your blog.

ThreeOliveMartini said...

i hate commuting too ... i hate moving.. but if i had to pick.. i would move.. I know LA is crazy .. you can come where I am cost of living is CHEAP compared and then we could share yarn .. oh wait.. move when i get home.. in KY .. cause you know I hate to say it..but.. I got a 4,000 sq ft house with an acre.. for 60K.. and yeah I had to do some work and its 100 yrs old .. but man .. I have space ..

ThreeOliveMartini said...

oh and th ecorn is cute.. but that EYE! LOL

~drew emborsky~ said...

oooh, girl, you were lookin' supafly with that messenger bag at S&B last night! I'm so glad Laurie posted a pic! =)

Now, how to get to the WeHo S&B on Thursday from Houston...

MomThatsNuts said...

HI I got here via threeolivemartini, I fancy myself a crotheter also,,stop by my blog if you like, I just posted a few of the afghans I had done, plus Olive put out a call for tats....Love the road kill Korn!!!!

Mom

MomThatsNuts said...

Add me add me, but remember I will do the same, and I know some STRANGE people,,,hehehe if you dont count THREEOLIVEMARTINI..hehehe

Mom