Friday, April 22, 2005

Attack of the Giant Squid!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright 2005 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All Rights Reserved.

Okay people, so I crocheted this 25 foot long (yes, it is that big) squid (and yes, I agree with you, this pic is terrible) and needless to say, that's a big ole project! I used Sugar n' Cream cones of butter cream for the body and light green for the feeding tentacles. I used single crochet for the whole dang thing and stuffed it with those bean bag pellets. So, it's kinda like a really large "Beany Baby". Well, sort of!

I showed my big crocheted pieces (this squid, a life size pirate, a life size mermaid and a life size filet crocheted skeleton) at a local college gallery last March. Mostly students saw the work and seemed a bit flabbergasted by it all, but what the hey! This ain't your granny's crochet!

7 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Seriously, you rock!! I'm just blown away by your talent!!! Woo hoo!!

kath red said...

Hi, just found your blog, and it is great, love all your thingys and objects d'art.

Deneen said...

Totally and utterly cool!

Ro said...

omg, is there a picture of the pirate somewhere? I'd love to see it! and drew is so right, you so rock!

woo hoo indeed!!!!

hugs
ro

LadyLinoleum said...

My digital camera quit at the most inopportune moment therefore, I didn't get a pic of the pirate or the mermaid! However, I will promise to shoot those this week and post 'em.

Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Fab job!

(I wonder if you could get into Guiness with that?)

LadyLinoleum said...

Cheyenne, ya got me. I will tell ya, it took a long time to make all of those freakin' tentacles!