Thursday, November 17, 2005

Beep Beep

Before I begin to toot my own horn...

I wanted to thank everyone for your amazing comments and emails. You guys are SO wonderful and you ALL keep me motivated with your e-love. And let me tell ya, this time of year is tough for me (buried beneath year-end madness at work and holiday hell...um, err, I mean happy holiday activities at home) so the e-love is really a life line, believe me.

Okay, now on to the beeping, tooting and the basic laying of my body across the horn that bespeaks Monster Crochet's recent accomplishments.

  1. Yay! I got into Plush Rush!!! I am so overwhelmed to have been included with this elite group of softie-creators. Check out the Plush Rush website and peruse the amazing creatures to be had there.

  2. The VLA is currently featured in The Carrot Museum. Don't tell me you've never heard of this Carrot lovers paradise on the world wide webby! Well, if you haven't already visited this site then you are definitely missing out. Go now. Before it's too late!

  3. Annie Modesitt saw fit to include one of my early rants from this very green bloggy blog blog in her new book, Cheaper Than Therapy! This a biggie for me peeps. I was stunned when she asked me if she could include my essay (read: me = BIG NOBODY who occasionally puts fingers to keyboard) in her new publication. STUNNED I tell you! Thank you Annie!!!

  4. Another thank you needs to go out to Annie. My eyeball pattern is going to be included in the 2007 Crochet Pattern-A-Day calendar! I have many more thank you's that need to be noted here as well. Oh yes. Many, many thanks to the following people for graciously testing my pattern: Sandie; Addie; Michelle; Jessi; Viola; Heather; Sharon! If I forgot anyone, please let me know immediately!

    You guys helped me out tremendously!

    I am a veteran designer and an infant when it comes to authoring patterns. Basically, I suck at communicating what I do with crochet to others. However, having gotten this pattern written down and ready to go, I feel that I can now tackle more of these. Turkeyzilla Tote Bag Pattern, here I come! And I must say that the absolute best part of this little foray unto pattern authorship was the amazing pics I received from my beloved testers. Take a look at these:

    Heather of the third eye

    Jessi's eerie eyeball delight

    Michelle's big ole eyeball crocheted from worsted weight yarnage

    And Sharon's baby blue

If it wasn't for my leap into blogdom and your amazing support of my funky crocheted junkola I would not have any of these accomplishments under my belt. Thanks for being super supportive and channeling your Inner Grannies everyone!!!

Deneen, I got the books in the mail!!! So excited. I LOVE THEM!

*Smooches* all around...

18 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats! Wow! And really, I am much more excited than a 33 should be that the eyeball pattern will be available (not to mention the Turkey Tote)

Micky said...

Yes I have the Cheaper Than Therapy and was excited to see that you had a part in it.
And to have a pattern in another book. My aren't we getting ourselves into stardom.
So, where will this Turkeyzilla pattern come out and when can we get it? Even though nowadays my obsession lies with knitting, I do crochet a little every now and then. And that would just be too cute to pass up.
:)

Anonymous said...

yeah congrats for you.
I wouldn't even know where to start with a pattern, very exciting though!!
Yeah for plush rush!!

none said...

Congrats on all of your accomplishments! I guess my pattern (candy corn) wasn't accepted as I never heard back about it. No biggee...

Deneen said...

Congrats! You are an artiste I tell you.

Glad the books made it, although I admit I completely forgot I sent them.

Anonymous said...

Hearty congratulations! You deserve all of it, and more!!

Crafty Andy said...

Congratulations as you have made it through and through. It's an honor. Know that you are loved in the world wide web.

Ro said...

Congratulations on all your successes...you deserve every one! When you're running your huge Lady Linoleum conglomorate someday very soon, be sure to remember us little peeps k? Ocho and I salute you!!!

xoxo
ro

Unknown said...

*hugs* I have to thank you.
If it weren't for you and several others around here I wouldn't be inspired to create thet things I do.

Michelle said...

Wow! Fantastic news all around! So glad I could help in some small way. :-)

dizzy von damn! said...

*meek voice*

hello? this is kendra.

i'm saying hi, like you said i should.

=)

Heather Cox said...

Congratulations! And hey, I should have your mandala done this weekend finally. :) Love all the eyeballs.

Ellen Bloom said...

You know how to TALK a pattern!! Regina!!! Thanks for TELLING me the chicken hat pattern. You must write that one down too for your future book "Poultry Crochet or Chicken Lit for Crocheters." Congratulations on your artistic success!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on it all my dear!

And no, you ain't no nobody.

You is sumbuddy.

:o)

Squishybear said...

HA! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job with EVERYTHING! You do our craft proud. :D

hehehe .. I LOVE the eyeball pictures!!

Rebecca said...

Congrats on Plush Rush! You belong with all that talent!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on everything. You are one lady who deserves recognition and things to go your way. So glad you liked me eyeball, I had a blast making it, and Erica ended up wearing it around her neck on a choker for Halloween :)

~drew emborsky~ said...

I'm so sincerely happy for your success! You an amazing person, and amazing artist and have an amazing spirit! I'm so proud to know you!!! You deserve all this success and more!!