Monday, March 27, 2006

Contest Winners and Other Headlines

There were 49 ballots submitted! That's pretty darn cool for many reasons. Not the least of which is the fact that I was taken out of the decision-making process...Wooo Hooo!

Anyway, onto the show...



Drumroll please...

...Spaceship award goes to none other than The Shrone!

...Essay award goes to
Cheryl from OUT OF THE BOX.....A Credit to my Haircolor!

Congratulations to the two new proud alien moms!

Thanks to all of the contest entrants! What an amazingly creative bunch! And can I say again how lucky I consider myself for not having to pick winners from this group? Anyway, I will be sending each of you fabuloso entrants a little thank you giftie for playing.

Everyone who entered, please email me your mailing addy when you get a chance. Cheryl and Lori, please send me alien color preference as well: pastel or blue.

Headlines from LabLinoleum

Number One Headline - Happy Blogiversary to me! Oh yes, one year ago March 31st, I decided to take the cyber plunge and foist the Vegetable Liberation Army and their kind onto the world wide webby stage. All I can say is, so far, so good. I love being a part of your 'puter filled lives, basking in the cumulative glow of your creative exploits, reading your rants and raves, dialoging from all parts of the globe. It just doesn't get much better than this! You all rock!

Number Two Headline - HUGE thank you's to everyone who left a comment about the Mixed Grill Wrap! I am overwhelmed and stunned by your commentation (yes, this is a word, ask Drew...) and continued support. I know that I said this above, but you guys rock my world!

Number Three Headline - Finally, I will be gone for a week. Oh, yes, I am taking a much needed vacation as the Cube Farm has been workin' my gray matter right down to its squishy center. Quite simply, I am spent. So, where does an overworked Cube Farm inhabitant with a penchant for hook, stick and yarnage go for a bit of rejuvenation? Two hints...There is wool and Guinness involved. Yep, I'm going to Ireland! In fact, I leave for the airport in a couple of hours! So, what the heck am I doing still sitting here at the 'puter??? I don't know! Signing off now...

Contest prizes will be sent out upon my return. Tales from Ireland are sure to come! Have a wonderful week everyone!

20 comments:

Bri Ana said...

Have a super blast, Lady L! Kiss an Irish Boy for me (if Peter's not looking).

But wait - if you go away for a week, who is going to fill my days with crocheted montserific goodness?...I am going to miss you so much *sob*.

Susan Schwake said...

oh oh have so much fun and guiness that you can't remember a thing!
hugs and stress free wishes toyou,
susan

noricum said...

Ireland? Wow!!!

Happy blogiversary!

I didn't comment, but I think your mixed grill wrap is both hilarious and really great!

LinknKnits said...

Have a super time in Ireland! Watch out for the sheep... they are everywhere and too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time in Ireland! I've never been but it looks lovely!

Micky said...

Don't forget to wear your turban and take pictures.
:)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Enjoy your well deserved holiday in Ireland!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Ireland - I'm very envious. Have a wonderful time!!! And happy, happy blogaversary - I'm glad your around!

Stephen said...

Ooooh. I didn't know you were going anywhere as exotic and far away as Ireland! Catch me a leprechaun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time... I am sure that this will refresh your gray matter!

Cheryl:) said...

crochet some irish potatoe people while you are there!...
Thanks for the contest!! I am thrilled to be getting an alien and so will my son!!!

sara said...

Have a wonderful time!

Gina said...

Have a fun trip!

Rebecca said...

i'm absolutely GREEN with envy ---- hissss, that was bad, wasn't it?
but that's okay, 'cause it still made me laugh :D

have a wonderful time... can't wait to see what inspiration you come home with!!

Ellen Bloom said...

Hmmmm....Irish lace and tatting!!! This could be your next addiction. Like you need another addiction. We'll miss you at the WeHo SnB! Have fun!

kath red said...

happy happy blogabirthday - i always thought you had been around longer than me - and i wanted to tell you that i listened a podcast interview with you - you rock!

Nancy said...

Holy Criminy!

That wrap is delicious.

Happy Blog Birthday dear. May we be reading a writing for many years.

Heather Cox said...

Hey I just got my Interweave Crochet and saw you mentioned in the internet column! Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

hello
Hello, you have a nice blog here, I added some pics tomy blog. If any problem please tell me.

http://www.blogcu.com/fiskos/

see you

natasha said...

how is it that one of your headlines is not that you were mentioned in interweave crochet's newest issue? you are the least braggy person in the world, methinks. and just in time for your blogiversary!!

i am so glad you got to travel (more), again, i am sure you must get itchy to be back in the jetsetting life...looks so fun! next time, i will go with you...