Anyway, having knowledge of my love for ye olde craft tome, Jessica sent me this beauty...
My daughter commandeered said tome for herself. Chip off the old block the young Linoleum is.
Next, Brownie sent me more of this stuff...
I have to say that as much as I love natural fibers, this line of acrylic distributed by Jo-Ann is pretty darn cool. I really like the way it worked up for the Swamp Crone Shawl. Viva la acrylic boucle! Oh by the way, make sure you peruse Brownie's gallery. The woman makes some wonderful garments!
And last but definitely not least, Finny Knits sent me a sampling of her homemade blackberry preserves, which the peeps at ChezLinoleum just recently cracked open.
Oh my this stuff is wonderful J! You did good. I wouldn't change a thing!
Monster Crochet News Items of Note
- Apparently Turkeyzilla the Tote Bag will be profiled in Nickelodeon Magazine. I think soon. Though I haven't received a tear sheet from them yet so I don't exactly know if the poultry sack has been seen by kids everywhere or not.
- I am co-designing a bag for an upcoming book from the folks at Interweave. That should be on your local bookseller's shelves sometime in 2007.
- A couple of my creatures will be featured in a group show at That Yarn Store in Eagle Rock, CA. For those of you who live in the Los Angeles area and have an interest in seeing some cool fiber art by a smattering of Los Angeles based artists, the show opens this Saturday, November 11, with a reception from 7:00 - 10:00 pm. I'll be there! Here are the directions should you choose to attend.
- I will be working on getting several new patterns up my website through November and December (one of them being Turkeyzilla the Tote Bag). I've made this my mission so it will happen. Thanks for being so patient with me! Stay tuned.
- Blank and Boring O'Lantern will be showing off their new looks very soon...