Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tagged...

...by Sylv at ChezPlum.

Here are the rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.

It seems as though I've completed this exercise before. Anyhoo, here goes...

Factoid 1
I have a compulsive streak when it comes to my craft. If I begin crocheting or knitting on a weekend morning, I will do little else the rest of that day. This means I will forego eating, tidying up around the house, showering, etc. Literally everything else is tabled for the day.

Factoid 2
I am a reluctant participant in my fitness program. If my trainer dude didn't show up at my front door, I would not remove my arse from my chair long enough to complete one sit up. Okay, I love it when I'm involved in my work out. Really I do! However, I do not have enough discipline to attempt said regimen on my own.

Factoid 3
I am a travel junkie. No location is too far or too remote to visit in my humble opinion. This year the hubby and I are traveling to New Zealand again as well as making a stop in Australia. Next year we will be traveling to Mongolia. Yes, MONGOLIA, where I will be in pursuit of the perfect hank of yak yarn. I believe yak snacks will also be involved. Hey, you only live once. Make it count.

Factoid 4
My favorite weekend morning activity (if I haven't succumbed to the knit/crochet compulsion that is) consists of a cup of coffee while reading the current novel I'm immersed in. Nothing like starting the day with a few chapters!

Factoid 5
I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm a HUGE sci fi/fantasy geek. I just love this genre and it's a love that began when I was a wee Linoleum sitting in front of the tube watching oldies but goodies such as Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica (the Lorne Green version), and I'm not ashamed to admit it, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. I still watch this kind of stuff on television. I go to the cinema to see it. I also read novels of this genre. Put a spaceship or a wizard in a piece of media and I'm there. And yes, I will be recording Ice Spiders on Saturday night just in case you were wondering.

Factoid 6
I'm a registered Democrat married to a registered Republican. Needless to say, election time is very interesting at my house.

Factoid 7
I seriously miss salami. Yep, you heard me. I cannot eat those cured roles of pork and fat because of the sodium content and general non-healthy attributes, but man, do I miss it! I also miss prosciutto. This place haunts my dreams...

I will NOT be tagging anyone in particular as is my way, but do encourage you all to participate if the mood arises.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that yak milk is pink, which sounds both fascinating and creepy at the same time. When you go next year, can you try to get hold of some yak milk to verify?

Anonymous said...

Haha--who doesn't have a problem with Factoid 1? CROCHET: Keeping husbands hungry since 1846!

Marietta said...

ice spiders? you too?!?!? now if it were "atomic" ice spiders, it would be even better ...we watch a lot of sci-fi...while knitting and crocheting of course :)