Friday, July 31, 2009

LabLinoleum Coat

Sometimes it is easier for me to create when donning props that set the mood. One such accessory happens to be my new lab coat...





This lovely example of LinoleumLove shows off all of the anatomical embroidery I was stitchin' last fall in the form of embroidered patches. Let's see, we have the requisite eyeballs...


Oh yes, I had my name embroidered on my coat!



Lovely reddish intestines...



A multi-hued heart...



And of course, BRAAAIIINS!



I am hoping to add a few more embroidered doohickeys to this piece of wearable art along the lines of prescription drugs and syringes. You know, nothing like a border of dancing pills or syringes to make everyone smile! Move ova Nurse Jackie!

Ahem...

On a more serious note I'm thinking I should not wear this to divorce court...

All embroidery patterns EXCEPT the brain (my design) can be yours to stitch away. Just take a trip over to Sublime Stitching to purchase.

11 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahahaha! I LOVE the lab coat! Very clever. Maybe a few crocheted dismembered fingers could be dangling from the collar points?

Trifarina said...

This is so painfully cool. I never did wear a labcoat in the actual lab... but maybe I need one for home.

Natalie said...

All I can say is you rock!

Moonshadow said...

Very creative. Nothing like props for inspiration. I used to make soft sculpture dolls and part of the fun was embroidering the eyes. All the variety, for custom dolls people couldn't believe the choices when it came to the eyes, like sky blue with light brown highlights. :)

Corvus said...

Bravo! My lab coat is embroidered with old-school Sailor Jerry style tattoos. I got a lot of odd looks in lab. Bwa ha ha!

naomi said...

All that I can think to say is.....
She's baaaaack !
:)

Unknown said...

That's awesome.

Yarn Princess said...

Whoaaaaa... WAY cool! I love it!

Rima said...

OMG. This is super cool! I have to show this to my Dr. Husband.

LydiaRaven said...

Hahahahaha! Gold. You know, I so could see Abby (NCIS) wearing it :D

LydiaRaven xxxx

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite projects yet! I especially love all the embroidered patches.