Monday, October 19, 2009

Stella Circular Shawl

OMG, October has been a blur! So much so that I have been unable to post during what has to be my most favorite time of the year. I haven't even had a chance to unearth my harvest decor for goodness sake!

*Sigh*

Despite the current madness, I have still managed to maintain my daily fiber regimen. Oh yes, still designing as well as randomly crocheting, knitting, spinning, weaving and sewing, albeit in a lower gear. As such, I have a FO from an OPP (other person's pattern) to present to you...



This is my version of Kristen Omdahl's Stella Shawl. The pattern can be found in her book, Wrapped in Crochet, one of my current favorite crochet tomes. Upon first inspection of this book, I knew that Stella would be my first project. I mean, check out the pic below direct from the book's pages...



The shawl is simply gorgeous. Further, the project gave me a perfect excuse to purchase an entire bag of Blue Sky Alpacas Suri Merino! What a lovely yarn to work with, so soft and luscious.

I had a blast crocheting my Stella. The directions were clear and without mistakes. As such, I motored through this WIP, completing the shawl in less than two weeks. I am very happy with the results and intend to make another after the craziness of the holidays subsides.

Happy Monday everyone!

9 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Positively gorgeous!!!

Kathy said...

Very awesome!

LeighBLou said...

Ooooh, outstanding! That was also the first project I made from that book, using kureyon for the medallion and brown paton's wool for the rest. Ravelled it at username gagirl. Such a gorgeously satisfying project, and so easy yet impressive!

Susan said...

That is just Lovely!!! Especially the black over light clothing!!!

~ Susan

Rima said...

Wow! What a stunner. That is crazy beautiful!

The Sunroom said...

Absolutely Tremendous - you must be exceedingly pleased with your work :-)

Trikoala said...

I love!!

Natalie said...

Shut up. That is gorgeous.

Dk's Wife said...

That is down right gorgeous! :)