Thursday, April 01, 2010

Genesis: The Sequel

The last few years have proven to be quite rough for me. In spite of the chaos I've found myself in, I've managed to keep making and blogging. However, over the last few months I have been unable to keep a stiff upper lip and motor through my life's meltdown with any grace. You are all aware that I have been navigating my way through a divorce process that could be characterized as glacial at best and completely stagnant a majority of the time, thanks to a very uncooperative counter party. In January, I also informed all of you that I have been witnessing my former home be foreclosed upon by a lender who has had little sympathy for my current plight, actually verbalizing that it would be more cost effective for them to take back my house than to lower the interest rate on my current loan, which had they chosen to go that route, oh by the way, would have enabled me to make my monthly mortgage payment unhindered. Go figure. Add to this pile o' crazy the stress of moving all of my little family's possessions to an apartment, literally a third of the size of my soon to be lost condominium, and the fact that my job is at a rolling boil due to our fiscal year end. To say that I'm having trouble keeping my head above the waterline would be the understatement of the year (and it's only April!). Needless to say, crocheting and knitting have practically ceased over the last few months and, well, blogging hasn't been on my to do list for some time.

So, I'm in a state of flux, poised to hit the reset button, yet waiting for the aftershocks to cease before I flip the switch. Meanwhile, I've been trying to glean how this reset will take shape and have begun to feel a twinge of excitement about the myriad possibilities before me, which I think, is a very good sign. You see, I tend to be a pretty positive person, despite the orange cones littered around the wreckage of my past mistakes. I tend not to be a dweller, but a doer. As a result, I am itching to get beyond the painful present, gain a bit of wisdom in the process and for all intensive purposes, live.

My mantra has always been, jump off the cliff and deal with the landing later. Oftentimes, this ability to ignore fear and just go for it has served me well. Other times, I've jumped right into a red hot mess. However, it is safe to say that my life is never boring and regrets? No, not really. Taking chances and throwing caution to the wind has provided me with so many amazing experiences, meaningful friendships and unexpected wonders that I could never, would never, change a thing.

So, another new direction? Another reset? Bring. It. On.

What do I have in store for you, dear reader? I have no clue. But I'll tell you, whatever appears on this blog as I embark upon this new chapter in my life will be tinged with a bit of humor, a smattering of wisdom and a vision of the future, my future, that will honor the independent spirit you've all come to know over the last five years.

Love to you all!

Yours in craft,
LadyLinoleum

20 comments:

Miriam said...

Sometimes I think I should get a Phoenix tattoo for all the times I've crawled out of the ashes! Still what van you do but jump back in wholeheartedly again the next time something great comes up on the horizon? So I admire you for looking ahead despite the chaos. Still more amazing things are yet to come :)

Laurie Ann said...

You are one of the strongest women I know. I would have crumpled under half the weight you've had on your shoulders.

LadyLinoleum said...

Laurie Ann, thank you so much for saying that. It's nice to know that my friends don't think me a complete twit. xoxo!

Deneen said...

Regina, I have said it in emails dozens of time, you amaze me and inspire me. Love you.

LadyLinoleum said...

Deneen, I love you too! Thanks for becoming a good friend over the last 5 years...God, time flies!

Naomi said...

We can hope that the worst is over and that things will get back to some kind of normal for you. You amaze me with your strength and determination and creativity.

Misty said...

I sometimes have trouble looking on the bright side and I really admire your positive attitude. Hang in there!

Moonshadow said...

Good to see you tread water so well. Hope the sun starts shining brightly for you and dries everything out. Eyes forward and full steam ahead! :)

Amethyst said...

Here's hoping that everything soon falls into place and you can have balance restored. Adn what the hey.. here's hoping you get a giant windfall and can buy a place twice as big as the last.. for cash.. (we can dream can't we?)

Caroline B said...

I hate to quote cliches, but everything does happen for a reason - you will come out of this stronger, happier and who knows, your new direction may be just what you were looking for. Keep your positive attitude and you will be fine.

Unknown said...

Inspiring...makes you realize that you are tougher than you think

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea what was churning in your life right now. In spite of all the craziness, know that you will navigate through it and there will be a day when life is back to normal and you can bask in your strength and happiness. My thoughts are with you!

Micky said...

I am sure something great will come out of this for you. You seem to come up with such great ideas. Who knows it may just be the coolest thing ever thought of.
Can't wait to see what you do next.

Monique Marie Sauniere said...

Aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

That being said, know always that you can count on me for support and wine.

M

Shell said...

I was worrying about you so although things are crappy right now, they will and do get better. I have faith in you and your ability to do wonderful things. You have a lot of people rooting for you and it's ok to be human.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to more inspiring posts - both crafty and otherwise. You are quite amazing. Hang in there - this too shall pass, as they say!

Meg said...

Was so scared you were going to say you were closing the blog. Yours is one of my very favorites. Oh, and your writing is brilliant. Hugs--

Natalie said...

Rock solid...that's what you are in spite of the slippery slope you have found yourself currently navigating. I am looking forward to celebrating new chapters with wine and fiber in the near future.

Batty said...

Hang in there. The stiff upper lip is overrated. Sometimes, you just need to take a break, refocus, then come back when you're ready.

FinnyKnits said...

Is it patronizing to say that all you've said makes me proud of you? I mean, I certainly haven't been through anything as traumatizing as divorce or foreclosure, so I'm not sure I'm in a position to be "proud", necessarily - but I admire you. You're a strong fox, LL - I can't wait to see what you jump into next. Freak :)