Monday, December 05, 2005

The Holiday Version of LadyLinoleum

Snagged from The Mother of All Shrones, this is the 2005 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Both! However, my favorite kind of hot chocolate is the Mexican kind that comes in a chocolate "brick" for dispersal in a hot vat of milk.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped of course! The elves spend many an hour perusing back issues of Martha Stewart Living in order to come up with fresh holiday wrapping ideas. Yes. They. Do.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
LadyLinoleum is NOT afraid of color if you hadn't noticed. Each year I aim for my Christmas inspired living room to look like the Vegas Strip.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Not usually.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the weekend succeeding Thanksgiving. However, this year we are running a bit behind with the decorating extravaganza at Chez Linoleum.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Pumpkin and wild mushroom stuffing. A HUGE pain in the rear to make, but well worth the effort!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
My younger sister Stephanie and I would save all of our holiday cards. As you can well imagine, we accumulated a hefty lot of these snail-mail holiday delights. At the start of each Christmas season we would unearth our precious collection of cards and build houses out of them (our constructions resembled larger versions of a standard house of cards) in the family room around the Christmas tree. Many a happy hour spent as a Christmas Card Architect.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Always, always Christmas Day.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
My Nana's famous sour cream twists. Sounds weird, I know, but these cookies are fantabulous!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Peeps, I live in sunny SoCal. Oftentimes we are able to hit the swimming pool on Christmas day.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but I've not been on ice skates for many, many years.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Cold. Hard. Cash. I'm simple folk.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
It has always been family and friends. It is a time to reconnect in the midst of our busy lives, relive precious memories, reinvent old traditions, reclaim lost relationships and reaffirm our many blessings.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Christmas cookies!!!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Christmas Eve Brunch (Brunch is relative as this event begins at around 10:00 am and goes until evening) at my best friend's home. Bea and her SO, John, host this much anticipated event in our little corner of the art world. What could be better than hanging out with your artist buddies and their families, eating until you burst and drinking champagne by the bottle???

17. What tops your tree?
A pipe cleaner version of Santa created my amazingly creative daughter at the age of 9.

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?
Both!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
Handel's Messiah to put myself in the Christmas spirit...Little known fact in the blogosphere: I, LadyLinoleum, love to sing and this being the case, spent much of my youth in school choirs. As a result of this experience, I know the lyrics to many a Christmas Carol. I love them all and can often be spotted in my car on a busy freeway singing my heart out! Hey, at age 36, I'm totally at home with my dorkdom.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Candy is my friend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i stumbled into your blog a few days ago, and LOVE it! Your funky crochet brightens my day- and apparently makes me ryhme, as well... Come visit someday if you'd like...

Crafty Andy said...

Regina nothing like "Chocolate La Abuelita" made the old fashioned way.

Great bloggin , got me thinking, that's usually trouble. LOL

LinknKnits said...

Swimming on Christmas Day?? I can't even imagine... it is currently 7 degrees in my corner of the world.

And no, I am not jealous. Much.

Anonymous said...

I was a total dork and forgot to save my post for the day, so I am going to do one on my site today, too! We are certainly kindred Christmas spirits!

natasha said...

hey ya chica! long time no hear! my webmeister tells me that the site will be up this week, i don't believe it, but, you know, anyway, i want a button. i have you linked on my bloggy....and, sob! i am not on your blogroll! what? nooooooo! somehow you weren't one mine. i think you got kicked off for some reason. anyway, i wanted to publicly post the i sent yarn to jenny dowde of freeform crochet fame, and she checked out your site at my urging and loooooooved it! so, you could add that to the kudos on your website....right?

anyway, i miss you loads and still owe you yarn. and! i have been crocheting sans pattern...because of you! i have gone over to the dark side. and i like it.

Anonymous said...

love the list.
laughing and giggling out loud

Rebecca said...

yes, post a pic of your strip!!
one that wasn't asked - is your tree 'themed'?
swimming on Christmas... that's just wrong!
it's -13 here.... yes, that's below zero!!!

~drew emborsky~ said...

I feel so close to you right now...