Thursday, December 01, 2005

There Are Hats Beneath The Piles!

Blogging to you from beneath the piles of papers that currently serve as the top of my desk here at the Cube Farm ("The Farm"). Oh I know it's hard to believe folks, but crocheting Cyclopsian Vegetables just doesn't pay my mortgage so I am forced to pimp out my rather adept accounting skills to this here investment banking firm for which I receive a handful of greenbacks in order to pay said mortgage and oh, buy more yarn...If my choice is yarn or food, I usually pick yarn. I know, it's a sickness. I digress.

At any rate, this be the busiest time of year here at The Farm so as I said, yours truly, Office Dronette by day, LabLinoleum Proprietor by night, is BURIED six feet underneath papers, email and messages, not to mention tons of projects, WIPs and FOs (holiday gifts galore). I'm playing catch-up, hard-core. Bear with me if you've sent me an email and haven't heard anything in return. The same can be said about comments. Rest assured, I've read each and every lovely comment I've received. You guys are definitely the source of my sunny disposition despite the current year-end nightmarish workload.

You all rock! Smooches all around!

Now, I plan on following the lead of my crochet/blog buddy, Andy, and show off some hats because even when one is buried under yucky spreadsheets, one must still attend to one's appearance. And it's winter. So, there shall be hats involved!

Oh and Andy? Loved your Santa-inspired hat! Faboo! I really needed that last night while watching Rudolf...

Okay, for those of you unfamiliar with my Chapeau du Poulet, here's shot of another one I just made. This time in a very lovely tweedy type gray. I will be writing up the pattern to this. I will! I'm just a pattern auteur sloth.



The Deer Stalker! Not my pattern, but peeps, this is a very cool hat. Pattern can be found here. You must make one so we can look like a legion of crocheted Elmer Fudds. Oh c'mon, that would be funny!

I apologize in advance for the blurry pics. Pretend you've had several glasses of wine...

Modeled by Ellen at our SNB meeting this pumpkin colored beauty is for moi.



And sitting atop the head of none other than Laurie, is the chocolate version I made for my hubby. Matching hats. I know. It's wrong.



Andy and I are not the only ones making hats. Check out these fab creations made by some of my other SNB mates...

Here is Drew (Hi Drew!) modeling one of Ellen's News Boys. Ellen has made a truckload of these to sell for the holidays. You go girl with your soon to be acquired pile o' cash!



And sobering up for this pic...Here is Phyllis looking wonderfully stylish in her knitted chapeau!



Hats off to THE HATS! Have hat fever? Need to see more?

Try Andy, Jessica, Ellen and Martha.

11 comments:

Crafty Andy said...

It is a fact that we do what needs to be done to be able to have our craft. Since reading your blogs everytime I go to the market I think of your creations, and look at the produce with respect. LOL. Great hats, you are a miracle worker with so much work. Big hug your way. Love ya.

Unknown said...

YAY hats! I love hats. Probably too much now that I think about it but I do love me some hats and yours are great!
See I also perked up at the words "investment banker" as well lol...

Micky said...

I just recently made 2 hats. Not for me of course. Why would I make a hat for me? I have no hat, hubby has bunches. He's the one I knitted for. I have made him 3. Me, none. Maybe someday I will, who knows.
Yours look great! Don't work too hard. Just hard enough to pay for a little yarn.
:)

Rebecca said...

Love the knitted chapeau. It's so good looking.
Good luck getting out from under those piles of paper!

~drew emborsky~ said...

Dang you have good looking friends! ;)

You're just paying your dues at "The Farm" because I know you are going to be fantabulously famous and successful as Ladylinoleum!!!

Rebecca said...

i LOVE that orange hat! and look - drew's whole face LOL

Anonymous said...

That deerstalker hat is so cool. I keep saying it - so someday it will be true - I'm taking up crochet again.

Heather Cox said...

Love the deer stalker, maybe I'll try my hand at one. Mandala's on the way. Look for the red envelope. :)

Soulknitting said...

Fab hats all the way around!! And getting a look at your SnB crew, you get to hang with some of the best people. Very fun!!

hi, i'm natalie said...

OMG - I will *so* make a deer-stalker too!! Awesome!

Can't wait for the chx hat pattern, either...

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Poulet hat. My three real hens could do with one each. I reckons they'd look very tasty (ha!) in lime, purple and orange...