Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Long Overdue 411

Sorry for lapse between posts folks. As you all know, this time of year is filled with much activity. I literally have had zero time to sit before my Blogger Dashboard and compose a post. I haven't even had much time to crochet or knit, which needless to say drives me batty. Anyhoo, I'm anxious to get back on track with both posting and feeling up my yarn.

I do have FO's however! I've been slowly (can you say snail's pace?) finishing objects amidst the holiday hub-bub. The first of which happens to be Cleaves. I love the way this duo-sleeved diddy worked up in this spicy pumpkin-y hue.



Next up, I've made yet another triangle. This time however, I experimented a bit by elongating each of the sides. I like the overall shape and will work it into my repertoire going forward. Oh, and yes, that is acrylic yarn. Hey, wash and wear in not a bad thing.





My little bird pin works perfectly with this piece (more on the crocheted bird phenomena in a future post).

Finally, because I know everyone will be wearing these next year...



Gollum Hat is now pattern tested and will be published in January I believe. I'll find out the details and pass them along to you all as soon as I'm in the know.

Now, I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't finished the O'Lantern dudes. Don't worry though, you should see them sporting their new looks before Halloween '07. I know, I know! I've been busy people. Sheesh.

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday! Here's to a wonderfully productive and prosperous '07!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm? "Cleaves" looks a little like twin hot water bottle cozies. I'm sure it looks better once someone is actually wearing it. Great color!
Happy Happy and Merry Merry!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That is a cute lil'bird pin.

Bestest wishes for 2007!

Anonymous said...

I love your fearless attitude re acrylic yarn.

You are an artist after my own heart!

Carol said...

Really nice! Love the triangle & birdie too. Happy holidays to you and yours! Thanks for the inspiration and the great reading!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Sign me up for the Gollum and the birdie. They are both too cute for words. Happy Ho-Ho to you and urine!!!

Miri Mack said...

Great lil'birdie. I think the coloration on that shawl is pretty neato, a little like animal print.

Ever since I was a wee one and saw the animated The Hobbit movie gollum has scared the pants off of me. While I hope your pattern is uber successful, I also hope not to run in to too many on the street! ;-)

Anonymous said...

that's TLC essentials yarn, isn't it? I looove all those colorways! I have the one you've used there and at least 3 others. ha. whoo...acrylic!

the bird is the cutest thing ever. especially with that yarn!

and how cute are those Gollums?? nice!

hope you've had/are having good holidays!

.♥.

christianne said...

I'm not even going to tell you what I thought the "Cleaves" was when I first saw it... :)

LinknKnits said...

Love the gollums! Whenever you create something like this I send a link to my non-knitting, non-crocheting hubby. He is always so impressed... I know he will be amazed by the gollums! (And probably asking me to make them... d'oh!)

Anonymous said...

you too sweetie! hope chez lino is packing in the cookies and hooking their little hearts out!
happy new year! love the cleaves!

Contemporary Southwestern Artist said...

What in the world are cleaves? I don't even want to say what I thought they were at first!

Obsidian Kitten said...

omg, the Gollum Hat is The Best!!

did you join the Sci-Fi KAL yet?
heehee!

i looove the severed finger...

turtlegirl76 said...

I'd love to see Cleaves modeled and what size you ended up making. I've been wary of it because I swear I heard problems with the sizing.

natasha said...

i freaking love that hat. and i cannot say it enough...you are so amazing. you can make anything out of...well, anything. geez!
happy new year darlin!

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Wow--the gollum hat is great! I just have to see the cleaves on a person! :-)

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who thinks that "Cleaves"
(when lying flat on a table) looks like a shoulder-to-shoulder-boulder-holder nicknamed after the word, "Cleavage?"

Anonymous said...

I don't even know if you'll see this b/c it was Dec. last year, but for the first time in my life, I have crochet lust. :=)
Love your stuff. Extremely imaginative and creative. My mother tried to teach me to crochet, gave up, implied I was too dumb to learn, so I gave up. After she died, I decided to try again. All my squares turn into triangles, but not intentionally, like yours, and nothing I crochet turns out. Mom might have had a point! Anyway, just wanted to say I love your patterns! It has renewed my hope that one day, impatient as I am, I may be even 1/10 as good as you are. Go, girl!