Thursday, December 07, 2006

Out with the old and in with the new!

As I get older, I find that I have decreasing tolerance levels for things high maintenance, aside from myself that is...

With this said I've been on a mission to eradicate drama from my life and after much deliberation surrounding a certain MAJOR aspect of my existence, I decided that I could take no more! It was time for a break. Time to bid fond farewell to a relationship that has sustained more than two decades. Yes folks, it's time for a change that will impact my life's current path.

I'm not proud of how I initiated such a change. I mean, we'd been sneaking around for quite a while. I'd go to our meeting place to cop a feel and push a few buttons. Later in the evening I'd return home and try to act like there was nothing amiss. Everything's just peachy keen...Not.

Well, a week ago Friday I decided that I had to come clean. No more dangerous liaisons. Deception is not good for the complexion after all. So, I made it official, opting for a quickie divorce while simultaneously jumping headlong into a openly torrid affair. C'mon, you only live once right?

Wave bye bye to the jilted!

Bid hiya to my new love...

Can you say 17 inches of pure unadulterated bliss???

Okay, I need to chill.

Anyway, so far so good. Aside from the fact that eventually I'm going to have to purchase a bazillion dollars worth of imaging software, I'm cool with the change. For now, I am going to limp along with my existing software packages. Anyone running Parallels? Do you like it?

And while we're talking software, I'm a longtime Corel Draw Suite user as well as an adept Adobe Photoshop user. I was checking out Corel Painter and was wondering if anyone out there is using it and likes it. Any feedback you can provide is welcome as I've been very intrigued with that package for a while now too, but have yet to take the plunge.

Time to go rev up my silver love machine...

21 comments:

Deneen said...

I thought I was moving up by dissing my desktop for a laptop with wireless-cutting edge crap in my neck of the woods (LOL)

Anonymous said...

Dells are terrible computers, so I don't blame you for going with something else, but an apple? You have really crossed over, ha ha.

Desperate Housewife said...

I'm utterly computer-illiterate, but that there is one purty lookin' shiny thing!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I know you were saying intelligent things, but all I could register was (akin to Charlie Brown's teacher) "Blah blah, wahn-wahn-wah!"

Me no speakie computer. I take what they give me and be happy widdit!!

StarKnits said...

OH congrats.. i'm jealous! sooo pretty!

Diane Gilleland said...

Welcome to the world where things work, rarely frustrate you! Congratulations! It's good in the Land of Apple.

As to software, I just discovered Pages, which is part of the iWork suite. It's the best page-layout program I've ever tried. Some new Macs come with a 30-day trial version installed.

I love your blog, by the way. . .

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Mac world! I've made the change 11 years ago, never looked back! Do yourself a favor, and just get Photoshop for Mac...you deserve it! :)

Anonymous said...

I use Paralells. I've had no problems whatsoever. However, I'm running Quickbooks pro- don't know how imaging software does on it.

Pink said...

That was a great post...I'm still giggling at 17" of pure unadulterated bliss!

Carol said...

NIIIce!

Anonymous said...

Dammit, girl, you had me going completely. I was trying to work out where you had found a 17 MAN...

I was about to be VERY IMPRESSED INDEED...

Anonymous said...

that being 17 inches, of course (cough). It's hot. I'm tired...

Anonymous said...

You really had me goin!

Feral Housewife X said...

too funny... congrats on the new purchase!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And as always, thanks for the kind words!

Anonymous said...

oooooh....macs are super-sexy! we got our first mac back in January and i ADORE it....and i am pretty computer illiterate. Mac makes it so much easier. congrats on your new love! :)

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! you'll never go back to the dark side! LOL.... you will never regret it. I agree with sister dg - just get your photoshop, that is all ya need. (the suite is very very nice too!)
what a great pressie for yourself! have fun...

Anonymous said...

hooray for LL! you'll never go back to the dark side!
stick with photoshop you'll never regret it!
(i am so happy for you... they are so wonderful!)

laura said...

My honey is a mac user and he's been drooling over the latest macbooks as well. We play a lot of warcraft so he wants to be sure his mac can handle it. From what others have said, running it under parallels on windows is great, and it's a pretty machine intense program, at least on the windows side of things. :)

Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

hope you got a .Mac account too.... couldn't live without mine

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the good side of the force. Now just treat yourself to software written as mac versions, after all, why buy a Porche and then drop in a Neon engine?
mac tech, crocheter & grandma

BrownPants said...

Yay for you! Welcome to Mac!