Weird? Moi? No! Well, yeah, I admit it. Here's a meme to celebrate the weirdness that is me.
Tagged by my girl ova at Finny Knits...
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
1. My favorite breakfast food is soup. I know, how weird is that? Anyway, upon dumping off my collateral crap on my desk at the Cube Farm during the good ole work week, I head on over to the market (adjacent to Cube Farm HQ) to partake in their selection of freshly concocted soup du jour. Nothing like sitting at one's desk in the a.m., partaking in simmering soupdom, while meeting comments from co-workers such as, "What the hell are you eating?"
2. I must finish reading a book before returning it to the bookshelf (even if I hate it) AND I will read only one book at a time (adding to my misery if the book sucks). Did I mention the fact that I excel at self-torture? Mind you, I do not follow these same "operating guidelines" when viewing a film, television program or listening to music. If a film, boob tube episode or tune doesn't appeal to me, I play switcheroo with the remote or turn said media output unit off without a care in the world. If I return an unfinished book back to it's shelf, I feel completely and utterly defeated.
3. I make lists. For pretty much everything. I know, it's crazy and I'm sure there is a diagnosis for this condition in the DSM IV, but it makes me happy to be a maker of lists nonetheless.
4. I love shoes. No, really. I *LOVE* them. This December last when I was...ahem...Christmas shopping for my loved ones, I got a little "sidetracked" and purchased five pairs of boots for myself in the span of an hour. As if this weren't proof enough of my devotion, some time ago I actually made the following statement to a few of my girlfriends when we were out for an evening on the town, "Shoes...are very, very important to me." Okay, tequila contributed heavily to that statement, but the girls will not let me live that one down. Sheesh.
Wow, she's shallow and crazy! How attractive! Moving. Right. Along.
5. If I find a mistake in my crocheting/knitting, I will rip back to the flaw and fix it no matter how far back the mishap happens to be...every, single, time. Yes, it can be maddening (especially when I have to frog lots and lots of rows or rounds), but for me, it is more maddening to know that my garment, object, doohickey has a known flaw that could have been repaired.
6. I'm a huge sci fi/fantasy dork. I love this genre. Love the books. Love the movies. Love the Sci Fi Channel. Basically I will read or watch anything with a spaceship or a wizard in it.
Well, if I don't lose readers with my answers to this meme, I don't know what I'll have to do drive you guys away. LOL I'm not tagging anyone, but I encourage you all to share your weirdness with the rest of us. Should you choose to share your weird self, please let me know!
Happy Monday peeps!