Monday, January 22, 2007

Weirdness Within

Weird? Moi? No! Well, yeah, I admit it. Here's a meme to celebrate the weirdness that is me.

Tagged by my girl ova at Finny Knits...

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. My favorite breakfast food is soup. I know, how weird is that? Anyway, upon dumping off my collateral crap on my desk at the Cube Farm during the good ole work week, I head on over to the market (adjacent to Cube Farm HQ) to partake in their selection of freshly concocted soup du jour. Nothing like sitting at one's desk in the a.m., partaking in simmering soupdom, while meeting comments from co-workers such as, "What the hell are you eating?"

2. I must finish reading a book before returning it to the bookshelf (even if I hate it) AND I will read only one book at a time (adding to my misery if the book sucks). Did I mention the fact that I excel at self-torture? Mind you, I do not follow these same "operating guidelines" when viewing a film, television program or listening to music. If a film, boob tube episode or tune doesn't appeal to me, I play switcheroo with the remote or turn said media output unit off without a care in the world. If I return an unfinished book back to it's shelf, I feel completely and utterly defeated.

3. I make lists. For pretty much everything. I know, it's crazy and I'm sure there is a diagnosis for this condition in the DSM IV, but it makes me happy to be a maker of lists nonetheless.

4. I love shoes. No, really. I *LOVE* them. This December last when I was...ahem...Christmas shopping for my loved ones, I got a little "sidetracked" and purchased five pairs of boots for myself in the span of an hour. As if this weren't proof enough of my devotion, some time ago I actually made the following statement to a few of my girlfriends when we were out for an evening on the town, "Shoes...are very, very important to me." Okay, tequila contributed heavily to that statement, but the girls will not let me live that one down. Sheesh.

Wow, she's shallow and crazy! How attractive! Moving. Right. Along.

5. If I find a mistake in my crocheting/knitting, I will rip back to the flaw and fix it no matter how far back the mishap happens to be...every, single, time. Yes, it can be maddening (especially when I have to frog lots and lots of rows or rounds), but for me, it is more maddening to know that my garment, object, doohickey has a known flaw that could have been repaired.

6. I'm a huge sci fi/fantasy dork. I love this genre. Love the books. Love the movies. Love the Sci Fi Channel. Basically I will read or watch anything with a spaceship or a wizard in it.

Well, if I don't lose readers with my answers to this meme, I don't know what I'll have to do drive you guys away. LOL I'm not tagging anyone, but I encourage you all to share your weirdness with the rest of us. Should you choose to share your weird self, please let me know!

Happy Monday peeps!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

For years, my favorite breakfast food was cookies and diet soda; it came from working shifts where 7:00 a.m. could be going-to-work or going-to-bed time. My 6 weirdnesses are here: http://yarn-tails.blogspot.com/2007/01/tagged.html . Several friends put their's in the comments - fun reading.

Anonymous said...

3, 4 & 6.

I'm totally with you.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I'm so weird I couldn't possibly limit the list to 6 things. But I do appreciate you and your weirdness.

Anonymous said...

Hummm only 6 weird things? This may take some thought to narrow down the choices...

I'll get back to you later...

lol

Anonymous said...

I usually have two or three books going at one time. If I don't like a book I dump it!

I posted my weird things last week. Enjoyed reading yours.

Anonymous said...

Gotta say, not that weird. There is much weirder to be had. E.G., I must check that the stove is off, the fridge closed and the sink water off before I leave the house. If I don't, I must go back. I call it the Idiot Check.

Anonymous said...

i like the #4 and #6 things...that is like me too! i love shoes (especially boots!) and i do love the sci-fi too! we have a sci-fi museum in seattle...it is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so #5 is me! I have ripped apart almost complete afghans before because I found a mistake. Talk about annoying!

King size blanket, halfway done...ripped apart the whole thing....halfway done again....ran out of the right color of yarn because of the stupid yarn company changing yarn providers...had to start ALL.OVER.AGAIN!

Hated that blanket by the time I was done...well, long before I was done.

Just can't help the compulsion.

Anonymous said...

i can really relate to the shoe thing. if i had a place to put my shoes... look out. we better never go shoe shopping together....

christianne said...

we've gotta go drinking and shoe shopping together sometime. i'm sooo not kidding, its one of my favorite things to do.

Anonymous said...

You are too fabulous to be weird. :) Sounded like fun, so I blogged the first six that came to mind (then thought of dozens more...)

Anonymous said...

Got tagged by proxy , will love to share the weirdness about me. LOL! I will have to think very hard.

Anonymous said...

She does love shoes!!!! I think she has on different shoes everyday. My favorites are the British God Save the Queen shoes, they're awesome!

Megalion said...

1. I'm deaf, but I don't sign. Not that weird really but it fascinates a lot of people.

2. I can get obssessed with collecting things... probably also found in DSM IV and sometimes its not even "collecting" like the time that I went overboard in buying frames cause I was printing photos and framing them for Xmas. Lesson learned? People do not like more than one framed photo as a gift. If it's family.. as in immediate family... 2 or maybe even 3 is acceptable. Other things "collected" over the years: Amy Brown art, fabric, yarn, NKOTB stuff, movie posters, books by certain authors, entertainment magazines for celebrity pictures. Current obsession that is being reined in: Finlandia Vodka branded merchandise. I once hit toy stores all over California from Chico to south la county and even some OC buying up as many Xena dolls as I could find. So now somewhere I've got a bunch of MIB Xena dolls that are worth nothing cause the fandom popped in a big way when the show ended. I don't want to wait 20 years for a retro interest to appear but at the same time I feel too guilty to just toss them.

3. My job & career has nothing to do with what I went to college for. Not so uncommon but I dropped out and need to go back at some point... sigh.

4. Whenever you're in a new group and the teacher/leader/whatnot makes everyone play the game of introducing yourself by saying your name and one interesting fact about you. I always say that I was in Playboy. This was funner back in college but still works cause I don't look anything like a Playmate.

5. I'm always surprised when people say that 3 dogs are too many. I used to have more than that and I've put in MANY hours volunteering with a dog rescue that usually has over 200 dogs.

6. As a kid I used to adore koolaid and milk. At the same time. I'd pour a tall glass of milk and then climb the counters to get to where the koolaid packets were and pour a whole one into the glass and stir. Many times I've fantasized about trying this again but I don't cause I'm scared it'll be awful and it'll be another spoiled childhood memory.