Monday, January 14, 2008

Too Much Travel


Too Much Travel
Originally uploaded by ladylinoleum
Okay, last week? Simply crazy.

I was in the office by 7:00 am on Tuesday for an early meeting. Wednesday, I was in court for another custody hearing, which, for all intensive purposes, went well. However, we need to go back to court in April. I am praying that this process ceases well before my soon to be 15 year old reaches the ripe old age of 18! Wednesday night I flew to New York on a red-eye. Yuck! Thursday, I conducted interviews all day in our New York office while attempting to stay awake. Ditto on Friday. Caught an early evening flight back to Los Angeles after conclusion of interviews. Taught a crochet class on Saturday at Abuelita’s Knitting and Needlepoint in Pasadena. Uh, yeah, I’m tired.

This week I leave LA on Wednesday and head to Chicago. If I don’t have a heart attack from all of this stressful activity, I should be home on Friday night for some much needed relaxation.

The only aspect of traveling for work that I actually look forward to is the uninterrupted aero-knitting or crocheting time. I basically worked a sweater from start to finish to and from NYC.

How cool is that?

A rather time-consuming cabling project will accompany me on this week’s Chicago travel extravaganza. Literally every other stitch hops on the cable needle. It’s nutty, but the results are well worth the effort. Stunning. Hopefully, I’ll plow through a majority of the work while sitting in the tube.

The other cool aspect of what I affectionately refer to as “my internment on the air bus” is the amount of reading I’m able to complete mid-flight. It’s awesome! I was able to read half of a novel in between knitting on my last trip.

I am happy to be home though, if only for a few days. I miss my family, friends and animals. My kitty hasn’t taken kindly to my comings and goings. Hubby and offspring have adjusted, but the cat? Yeah, she’s pretty darned perturbed. Leaves me “presents” all over the house for the entire week following my return from a trip. Totally annoying to be sure.

I have so many FO’s to share. I figured this week I work on Photoshopping everything in the airport. Thank you for being so patient with my intermittent posts! It’s been rough to find the time to attend to my virtual existence. Won’t last forever though. I have a few months of travel-free existence coming soon!

13 comments:

Megalion said...

Way to look on the bright side of all that aero time!

When I used to spend a lot of time riding around on buses or just waiting, I used to always carry knitting (or something) with me.

I remember crocheting afghans in highschool in class! I was a strange one.

Carol said...

Hope the travel part passes quickly and the R&R drags! I didn't know you were a master loomer too! Awesome!

Deneen said...

Glad the custody crap is kinda working out okay. Sucks about the travel, but gives you time to think and play with yarn.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Wow. I was wondering... On the upside, you've completely cured me of wanting to travel.

stuffed said...

Ooh, all that knitting time. :0) I was planning on leaving my needles behind next time... What was I thinking!?!

Glad you're okay.

Madge said...

Travel safe and be well!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your FO's!!!

Crafty Christina said...

I'm not a fan of planes, so I give you alot of credit for flying so often and being productive to boot. I spend most of any flight making the sign of the cross and praying Hail Marys.

Can't wait to see your FO's. And good luck with the custody stuff...I know how hard that can be.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the custody stuff is dragging on. It's so emotionally draining. So good luck with it.

I didn't know one was allowed to carry knitting needles on a plane these days. Crochet hooks, maybe, but needles - I figured they'd see them as potential weapons. I couldn't travel without my needles.

Look forward to seeing the FO's.

amanda kay said...

i love your designs- and i finally got a blogger so link me if youd like to- i have already linked to yours :)
http://www.tidesturn.blogspot.com/

Batty said...

I just got a job that involves loads of business travel. So glad to know you can actually be productive on a plane! I'll have to see if I can make an entire sweater in one trip.

nstssj said...

Custody hearings--you must be exhausted on every imaginable level. And you're right, your comings and goings will NEVER be okay with your kitties...

Bliss said...

I found your blog... somehow. LOL
I believe we're always guided where we should be. Even if it's "eventually". :-)

I crochet and I'm in the midst of a custody "dispute" too. Mine is mostly over though. (Thank you God.) We attended mandatory mediation and managed to work out an agreement. It's really what we were already doing but he felt the need for more "say". LOL

I believe in the power of positive affirmation. I wrote one down in many places (even on the walls with same-color chalk--call me crazy...) and said it every day: __________ (insert your daughter's name) is where she belongs and I am (we are) thankful. Amen.

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers.

Crochet on sister! :-)