Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busy, Busy!

Last weekend, after having returned home from Vegas, Jenna came over to mi casa for a play date with our dyes. I experimented with a few new colorways for roving...



Definitely liking the intensity. I need to make more in the same vein as Jenna and I plan throw our hats into the hand painted ring (read marketplace), offering our fuzzy wares for sale. Just giving you all a head's up...

A few weeks ago I hand painted about 1500 yards of mohair. I love the results!



And finally, I am spinning weekly, if not daily at this point. Unfortunately, my spinning regimen tends to wane when I am traveling. I feel as if I have to give my wheel love when I'm back home (and in between design projects). Currently, I am experimenting with a new colorway...



I'm not sure that I like this yarn yet. The colorway seems a bit conservative to me. Thoughts?

16 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

There's nothing the matter with conservative! I love the new yarn. Of course, you can always pair this "conservative" yarn with some hot aqua yarn!

Jessica said...

Conservative? Imagine it with bright yellow heels!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! That first photo is artwork in itself. Yum, yum, yum!

Caroline B said...

Wow, that orangey-pink is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love the yarn you spun!!!

Deneen said...

Nice colorways you created-what method do you use to dye your roving (if I may ask please)?

Anonymous said...

Play dates at yours sound super fun... dyes and colourways most iridescent. I like that last colourway, too.

Andreapgn said...

Oh, I like the yarn in the last picture. It's not as vibrant as the other, but we don't fell so uppity all the time either, right?

Feral Housewife X said...

wow... beautiful colors!

i actually like the last colorway... reminds me of autumn!

Anonymous said...

OoOOOHhhh I LOVE the orange and pinks! My favorite colors together!

Nancy said...

Humm I thought I'd made this comment already...

I would think of the yarn as a canvas, awaiting the creative embellishment

SAM said...

I agree about the intensity of your colors - they are stunning. The spun yarn is nice - conservative, yes, but nice none the less.

Gina said...

I like the top two pictures colors, but not really the bottom, a personal preference I suppose. But boy you really are doing so many diverse things and evolving!

Bliss said...

What's a "colorway"?

I don't know!

But thanks for visiting my blog. I crochet too and aspire to write patterns one day. I'm pretty sure it would help if I could follow one accurately. LOL

:o)

Natalie said...

Vibrant & fabulous colors! Fantastic work, girls!

Susan Schwake said...

i adore the colorway! nix on the conservative, it's rockin!
happy summer's end to you ms. l...
susan