Friday, March 16, 2007

Things That Make Me Go Yeah!

Lots of inspirational stuff to be had these days. Here are some of my faves....

From the Knitosphere...



The Spring 2007 issue of Interweave Knits has this totally groovy alternative-to-the-tank-top apron thingie.



I just love it. Must be my inner domestic calling out to be heard. At any rate, I use other people's patterns as a respite from my own design workload. Gives my mind a much needed break. Aprons away!



Knit.1 mag's Spring 2007 issue is a veritable font of colorful sporty delectables! I haven't really pinpointed any one item that sets my needles aflame, but overall I think the issue's patterns/layout make up a tight compendium and are a definite source of inspiration.



Domiknitrix rocks my world from luscious vinyl cover to luscious vinyl cover. This book is well thought out, directions are clear and concise, and hel-lo? Lots of LadyLinoleum obsessionables (yes, I just made that word up) to be had amidst the pages. Very shortly I will be casting on the Mohawk hat (pg 121). Sheer genius I tell you!

For Hookers everywhere...



Okay, this is a shameless plug, but whatever. Everyone who is able to wield a hook should go out and purchase this wacky little diddy as soon as it hits your local booksellers shelves. Why? Because I said so AND there is LadyLinoleum pattern in there that is not to be missed. Can you say crocheted meat? On a grill? With weenies too?

You can pre-purchase from Amazon. You know you wanna...

Moving right along.

Now it's time to git yer Jimbo on!

Yep, lookie what my man Jimbo sent me earlier this week...





Yes, that would be a super long hand-carved Tunisian AND a lovely bulbous hookie that is sure to dull my constant hook-hand pain with each and every stitch. Truly, if you're a crocheter and you're not yet familiar with Jimbo's wares, you are missing out big time. You must go visit him NOW!

Also, give Jimbo a big round of applause for having his hooks featured in Belle Armoire mag. How awesome is that? And it couldn't have happened to a nicer and more talented dude. Love you Jimbo!

From my fantasy man...

Hey, we gals need at least one of these! And mine comes in a chain-smoking, trash-talking, brilliant traveling chef type o' package. Yes, I know I've said this numerous times, but hell, what's one more?



Tony Bourdain rocks my world. And he can rock yours too with his hilariously funny critique of the Food Channel and it's cadre of personalities. Beware, do not drink and read simultaneously. Unless of course you enjoy having liquid shoot out your nostrils as you erupt in laughter. I'm just saying...

For Angelenos who enjoy music under the stars...

Yep, the Hollywood Bowl's Summer 2007 schedule is up! Wooo Hooo!

And my absolute favorite event, which was sorely absent from the 2006 schedule, has made a return for '07...Nothing like wine and some Julie Andrews to kick off the summer! I am so dressing up this year. Better get my needles and hooks moving in prep!

You can read about my '05 Julie-in-the-Bowl reflection here. Jeez, shameless plugs abound in this post.

For those of you who plan to get in touch with your inner leprechaun this weekend...

I am of the high-minded opinion that one just cannot have enough Guinness stockpiled in one's domicile at this time of year and this is my preferred delivery method. What? The black and white not for you? Well, first, shame on you! And second, there's always Irish coffee...me likey those too.

Seriously though, be safe this weekend everyone, especially if you're imbibing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great is it that Kooky Crochet's title contains two of my most favourite words??? I'm looking forward to picking it up.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

"obsessionables" Great term. Funny, I was *just* thinking about that apron thingie too. I like it so much, but know I'll never wear it, so I was thinking about knitting it up and giving it away... As for Domiknitrix, well, okay. If YOU say it's good, I'll look it up. Ditto the Kooky Crochet (just can't have enough mucha lucha masks!)

Have a great weekend!

Batty said...

I want the Kooky Crochet book! I can't get my wash cloth to come out rectangular yet, but this gives me something to aspire to.

Sus said...

Kooky Crochet????? Heck, yeah!!

Miranda said...

To bad the Kooky Crochet doesn't come out till July- argg. I just found your blog and I've only read one post and I like it!

Rebecca said...

domiknitrix...yessiree!!

FinnyKnits said...

Ok, so when I first saw that knitted apron getup I thought it was bizarre, like the big snipey bitch that I am. THEN, I saw this very styley girl at work wearing something JUST like it.

Now I must have one. I must make it. I must find this issue for the pattern.

I'm such a lemming.