Friday, August 10, 2007

Help Wanted

So, yeah, I need help...

I am looking for an individual to help me pattern test and do contract work for me. My ideal candidate would be someone who can both crochet and knit (although I am willing to work with two separate "experts"), be willing to drop whatever they are currently working on to take on assignments from me and turn them around quickly, must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and understand or at least be open to my slightly twisted design vision.

In return, this individual(s) will receive monetary compensation for completed projects (amount to be determined on a project by project basis), copies of all the patterns worked on and a general feeling of fulfillment as you will be my design apprentice. LOL Seriously though, it is my goal to eventually build a design team.

If you are interested and feel that you have the skills, vision and ability to deal with a very detail-oriented boss, then I'd love to hear from you! Send me an email letting me know why you feel you are right for the job and your contact information. Please put "Monster Crochet Apprentice Application" in the title of your email.

Thanks in advance to anyone who applies!

13 comments:

Carol said...

You have no idea about the timing on this one... :)

naomi said...

hmmm, sounds like it could be a fun job...............

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I dunno; would this be done on a crunch basis? B/c I *suck* at those.

:) I should put that on my resume, huh?!

WineGrrl said...

Too bad I lack the skills.

Micky said...

It would be a dream job. But, with 4 kids, I barely get to do anything but sleep in my free time.
Congrats to whoever gets the position.
:)

Crafty Andy said...

You are too famous!

Tifffany said...

Oooooh that would be fun, and I do both knit and crochet, but not sure I have the kind of time to devote to it that you do. Good luck

Batty said...

My knitting skills would be up to it, but my crochet skills... need help, to put it mildly. But it sure sounds like fun!

PinkPurlKnits said...

I am able to knit and crochet and knit though I knit more but I am available to work when ever my blog is www.PinkPurlKnits.blogspot.com you can contact me there

Susan Schwake said...

hmmm, well, you KNOW i can't do this, but can i still be your cheerleader?
rah rah rah -- paint, play, explore!

MiniBooger said...

Only slightly twisted? Very tempting...

Sally Comes Unraveled said...

OK, this post is old. Waaaaaayyy old. But it's been in my Google Reader for ages. Is it safe to assume the position has been filled? (If not, let me know and I'll get my resume together)

ebunny said...

If the position is still available, I may be of some help. I knit or crochet on a daily basis just to do it. Mostly I work on patterns just to see the mechanics of them & not so much for the finished product. I have over 30 years experience eventhough I am only 38, so I've pretty much been thinking yarn since I was a pup. I'm working part time to be with my young daughter & have plenty of time to do needlework while she plays. Contact me if you're interested. Sounds like my dream job.