Monday, August 06, 2007

Saturday

I told myself at the onset of the weekend that I was going to take it easy. No appointments, no events, no gatherings, absolutely no scheduled stuff requiring me to dress up, apply lipstick and turn on my public self. Nope, this weekend was about ease...

Saturday morning I lounged around, reading, doing a little leisurely cleaning, nagging the girl to pry her ear from the phone and attend to her personal hygiene. At around 2:00 pm I slipped into my yoga gear, grabbed the newly primped offspring and literally drove around the block (so LA) to meet my other girl for a little creative retail therapy at Dick Blick on Santa Monica. Really, I didn't need anything there. I just wanted to hang with Bri and Lena. Needless to say I left the store $140 poorer (so me).

Shopping completed, I was set to join Bri at her yoga/spinning studio of choice to give them a test run. (Lena opted to go back home and rekindle her phone love.) Don't get me wrong, my trainer is awesome. I love the dude, but I only date him twice a week so I needed to pick up another yoga class here and there in between our scheduled meetings. Knowing this, Bri suggested I join her at her at YAS, assuring me that I would love the studio. Turns out that she was absolutely correct.

We dropped into the 4:30 level 1-2 class, led by Tony (so cute), immediately following the completion of our Blick run. Let me tell you, that guy worked us hard. In fact, I was sweating so much that my hands began to slip n' slide all over my mat. I actually had to stop and let my digits dry out. Oh yeah, that evening? I purchased one of these in an effort to assuage future slippage. I also purchased a 10-class pass. Yep, I committed to making YAS part of my weekend going forward right then and there. Hell, I might even pick up a spinning class during the week. You never know...

After class Bri and I walked down Abbot Kinney to a local Mexican eatery. Nothing like putting it back on minutes after taking it off. Hey, I had a big plate of lettuce! Okay, topped with beans, cheese, carne asada and guacamole, but who's paying attention to that? Anyway, completely sweaty, stuffing our faces at one of the restaurants outside tables (so not pretty), and who decides to ride by on his bike? Yeah, that would be Vince Vaughn. Whatever. Like he was paying attention to us anyway.

Stuffed, muscles aches starting to set in, Bri and I parted ways. Upon returning home, I noticed that the hubby had already passed out for the evening. Big partier that guy is! Jeesh. Anyway, LenaLinoleum and I decided make it a girl's night and break out all of our new creative wares for a little experimentation session. Armed with brand spanking new paints and pads of watercolor paper, the mother and child played.

Lena's pretty landscape (so lovin' those pink fluffy clouds)...



LadyLinoleum's organic abstract-o-rama (so not afraid to show my bad painting to the world)...



Definitely, not a bad way to relax the day away!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad? NOT BAD? Jebus, woman. I am in constant awe and admiration of the frigging creative talent contained in every fiber of your being. Every little think you even half-set your mind to blows me away.

You're gonna love spinning (and if you think Tony is cute, wait until you meet Shari.. ;) You wont die, I promise.

Deneen said...

The paintings are terrific.

Sounds like a good weekend, way more "healthy" then mine was. I have an anti-slip yoga mat and I use it for some strength exercises, however Elena loves how she kinda sticks to it, as does any little bits on the rug when I roll it out-you don't slip though.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Offspring is amazingly talented, just like her progenitor.

And Vince Vaughn? I *so* would have jumped him. If I had recognized him. Which, apparently, is my weakness when it comes to celeb siting. Seriously. Stevie Wonder was in our building last week, and it wasn't until I was up the elevator that I realized who it was. Stupid me.

Yarn Tails said...

That is some lovely art work! Just one talented lady!! I would love to try yoga soon. Maybe on my day off this week I will give it a whirl. Have a wonderful week!

Crafty Andy said...

Great Day and great paintings.

Megan said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! And I love the paintings, totally awesome!

Susan Schwake said...

NOW you are talkin my language LL.
great beginnings! wheeee!
getting psyched for you from here. keep going.
your physical workout descriptions are inspiring me to get off my arse.
xo
s

FinnyKnits said...

I am right now drooling over the last painting there. Not that I don't love the pink clouds in the first one, but MAMA the orange tones just speak to my spicey soul.

LOVE.

maryse said...

hmm yeah the paintings, both yours and your mini-me's so pretty. so great.

and vince vaughn...he's someone i wouldn't mind taking a closer look of.

shula said...

LL!

You yoga babe!