Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fruit Tart Fascinator

I am so excited that you guys are lovin' the Pie-Rets! I have received tons of requests for the pattern. So, I will be testing all three pies this week in the hopes that I can offer the patterns to you in the next few weeks. Stay tuned...

Needless to say you've inspired me to keep going with the holiday sweets headgear...

Introducing the Fruit Tart Fascinator!



Yes, that would be me hamming it up with a little pie atop my head.

This mini crusted headgear was a one-night crochet project. As such, you can be sure that there will be many more versions of this little wonder in a variety of fruity fillings!



Who would have thought that wearing one's food could be so satisfying?

More holiday fun to come! Stay tuned...

16 comments:

Geo said...

Cherry Pie's the name, and fascinatin's my game.

CAN'T WAIT.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I would use this for a tea cup warmer...

Anonymous said...

So. Awesome. Makes me think of all sorts of great outfit (and particularly, for some reason, burlesque) themes.

Ann Marie said...

I'm loving it. I've seen those crocheted cupcakes and never really cared for those, but seeing your fruit tart makes me want to make one or two or three!

I can see them now, blueberry, cranberry, strawberry and so on... And of course my fave, apple!

Looking forward to the pattern.

Laurie Ann said...

Hey Regina, Did you know you were featured on Boing Boing?

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/11/26/pie-hat.html

My nephew sent me the link and I was shocked!

Treasure Ann said...

I like that fruit tart facinator, it's just too cute. Very creative. Can't wait to get the pattern.

Anonymous said...

This is FABULOUS. I absolutely need this pattern. Do you think it will be done before Christmas?

dany said...

congratulation...from italy..I love your work and I follow your blog...(sorry for my english)
a big ciao
daniela

Natalie said...

I love pie. I love eating it and I would love to wear it too.

LiLi said...

YUMMY!!!
:-)

Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

So adorable, and on so many levels! Now you have me wanting to make bagels and crochet these Pie-rets! Thank you for sharing!

Ann Marie said...

Just saw "Pushing Daisies" with Olive Snook wearing a little fruit tart hat and thought of yours, of course! So cute!

Valery Alta Murdock said...

Oooooh tasty patterny goodness PLEASE!

The Bookworm said...

now i'm craving pie...lol
http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/

Pathologically Pensive said...

...I am tempted to make two, string them together and wear them as coverings for my ah...tasty treats

Teehee!

Crafty Andy said...

They look great, make them out of corn yarn and presto. lol! You always have such great Ideas!