Saturday, November 01, 2008

Camp Pluckyfluff

Yesterday I set out on the 421 mile journey to my north in order to learn how to trick out my spinning. Yep, I'm in beautiful Placerville, California at Camp Pluckyfluff!

Held at the Boeger Winery, Camp Pluckyfluff is a two day art spinning extravaganza taught by the Pluckyfluff maven herself, Lexi Boeger.



Let me tell you after having just finished day one of this workshop, I am completely satisfied with the experience. Well worth the money AND seven hour drive up here. Today alone we workshop attendees learned six or seven techniques!

Just look at the results of my, um, err, spinning enlightenment...

Granny Stacks fit for Halloween...



Here's a detail of the stacks...



Crazy Carded Batts spun up into glorious thick thin string-age...





Lofty translucent mohair clouds...



And tons of twists!



Here is Lexi's twisted example...



Absolutely amazing day! I feel like my training wheels have come off and I'm flying by the seat of my proverbial pants. Doesn't get much better than this, creatively speaking that is. Needless to say I can't wait to get back to my wheel tomorrow morning for day two!

9 comments:

Lynne E. said...

Your designer handspun is gorgeous, and it will be fun to see what you do next! I'm a big fan of the pluckyfluff books, even though I still can't spin decent standard yarn.

Natalie said...

Oh I am sooo envious. I want to go to camp pluckyfluff. I tried to sign up, but wouldn't you know it, you have to know how to spin. And on a wheel. Sheesh. For now I will enjoy your fluffy creations and make mine in my dreams.

Shell said...

I hope I can go next year, it looks wild. I am so envious.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Oh how loverly. And Placerville....I haven't been there in a gazillion years.

Amor Impresso said...

Hi dear!

Your work is amazing! Very unexpected! =P
I love that!

Ksss...
;D

Ann Marie said...

How awesome! You did a great job. I absolutely love the Halloween stacks. I always look forward to seeing your latest creations and I'm always amazed. Leave it to you to come with something wild. :)

Jimbo said...

Amazing! At a winery no less. Did you taste the Zin???

SAM said...

Hey there, it's been awhile since I've been here - your handspun is fabulous and I would so love to have gone to Camp Pluckyfluff! I've read some great things on Ravelry.

So much fun....

Tipytoz said...

Okay, love everything but what I really want to know is where you got the knee highs. Love them !!!