Thursday, October 30, 2008

Renfield's Shawl

Here is my tribute to Dracula's sidekick...



Yes, it's Renfield's Shawl!

Covered in crocheted buggy delights, this woolly wonder is made up of woven diamonds that I subsequently crocheted together. Each diamond was woven on my 12" Hazel Rose Diamond Loom in a variety of yarns such as Colinette Point 5, Lamb's Pride Bulky as well as a little Vitreous Humor by Insubordiknit (which I love!).



Renfield's meal replacements...uh...buggy buddies were crocheted from scraps of Koigu KPPPM.



More details about the bug appliques can be found here.

All in all, not a bad accessory to drape about the shoulders while traipsing around the neighborhood in pursuit of candy on All Hallows Eve!

Happy Halloweeeeeeen!!

Copyright 2008 Regina Rioux Gonzalez. All rights reserved.

9 comments:

naomi said...

I love it !!! Once again,you have the coolest Halloween stuff.

Shell said...

I glanced and saw the beautiful colour choices, I looked harder and started to laugh, I love your designs and your fiendish imagination.

FinnyKnits said...

Beautiful. Evil. Crafty. Creepy. It is everything Halloween.

Happy evil :)

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I must have missed the maggots when I cruised thru the other day, so today as i scrolled down, I admit I made a face combined with a rude noise when I came to the orbs on the shawl. Correct response?

The boy next door, 6, is wearing an ace bandage..."oh, going as a mummy?" says I, "no, I just wanna wear an ace bandage" says he.

Natalie said...

FABOO!
Renfield Rocks!

Madge said...

Happy Dias de los Muertos!

Kiki said...

Ohhhh you rock!!!

Lynda said...

The shawl is fabulous! However, I'm not sure it'll go with Renfield's straightjacket!

Dk's Wife said...

Hee hee. that cracks me up!