Monday, August 14, 2006

Muchas Gracias

As I sat bedridden (or floor-ridden really) for the past three days due to serious back pain, feeling a little like a crocheting Frida Kahlo sans brow, I deflected the torturous recurring spasms with thoughts of the myriad blessings that have been bestowed upon me, your mostly humble Yoda of Yarn (Miss Kendra's nickname for me). Cycling through a plethora of images and anecdotal happenings shared with loving husband, amazing daughter, friends and familia galore soothed the malaise that defined my weekend. The offspring too offered her ministrations, hardly leaving my side, laying prostrate in solidarity, crocheting as well as becoming an apt pupil of two sticks, making sure that my heating pad was just so and that I lacked for nothing. Really, the girl is positively a dream! At any rate, between offspring's and hubby's efforts, I couldn't have asked for a more, err, um, pleasurable period of pain. Smoochies of thanks to both the DD and DH!

In the spirit of thanks, I have a few more to administer to those who've sent me gifties from far and wide!

Thank you Rebecca for sending me your Mato!

Mikail Mato that is...



Muchas gracias Andrea for such an inspirational tome...



I know that I'm loved when blogging buddies send me books on how to nuke poultry. Gotta love that!

Merci to Bri for this faboo meat emblazoned flannel...



Are you sensing a theme? Just wait until you see the next item(s)...

Oh yeah! Grazie to Miss Kendra for these amazing bacon and eggs pasties!



C'mon, you know you want a pair.

And finally, danke to Jimbo for easing my debilitating case of crochet hand due to much playing with thread with yet another fabulous shipment of hooks...



You guys rock! Smoochies all around!

14 comments:

dizzy von damn! said...

first!

i'm sorry your back is hurting. massaging you need!

Ellen Bloom said...

Regina! Sorry your back is out! We missed you at the Saturday WeHo SnB. Crazy Auntie took some videos and lots of pix. Check them out here: www.crazyauntpurl.com
I'll be posting some pix tomorrow of the meet-up! Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Cool hooks and that 'Mato kicks butt. Glad to see your off the bed/floor. I hear ya there. At times I get tremendous pains. It stinks. Gifts help though!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am sorry you hurt your back. I swear one day you can be normal and the next day back pain can turn you into a disabled person. I hope you are able to get some relief soon.

Pam said...

Hey Lady- sorry I missed you when I was in LA, take good care of yourself and hope you are feeling better real soon. I love your daughter's work, she's as gifted as you are!

~drew emborsky~ said...

I'm so sorry we didn't get to hang in faboo LA this time! Please feel better soon!!!

Monique Marie Sauniere said...

Back pain sucks. Get better real soon, k?

Bacon and egg pasties?? Oh, how I long for a pair!

Heather Cox said...

Oh.My.God. Bacon & egg pasties. Now I've seen it all and can die happily.

Hope your back is painfree soon. BTW when I saw Pirates of the Carribean 2 the other day I thought of you. Arrrgh! :)

Kare said...

Aww. Get better.

FinnyKnits said...

Soothe your aching bod with the forthcoming home made blackberry jam - it should be there soon!

Love Mato - he's one hot piece of produce.

noricum said...

I'm sorry to hear your back is bothering you! I am glad you enjoy the book, though. :)

Rebecca said...

oh no! i'm sad you're hurting - i hope it goes away soon!

that meat fabric is fantastic - i'm quite certain it was made just for you :D

oh.those pasties!

Jerry & Maxy said...

oh geez, I'm super late, but just in case you're still hurtin, I'm sending healing energy.

JANNIKINZ said...

An awesome collection of gifts - lucky.
Sympathies with the back pain, it can be very cruel.