Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And Away She Goes!

It has been either crafts or travel on this blog for some time now. This post differs little in that regard. Although, this time my upcoming travel is in the pursuit of craft, combining those two subjects quite nicely.

Where am I headed off to you ask? To Portland, Oregon, that's where!

Photobucket Image Hosting

Why am I headed to the middle of the Pacific Northwest? For the Fall Knit and Crochet Show peeps! I've already been to the Summer New Hampshire venue after all. Gotta try the show to my north. It's only fair.

Best part? My good buddy, Jenna, will be accompanying me on my jaunt northward. We have each signed up for two classes apiece. I'm taking Hairpin Lace with Jennifer Hansen while Jenna gets magical with the mobius and we both finish up with Cat Bordhi's Coriolis Socks class. Having been to this show once before, I have learned that less is more when it comes to classes. In New Hampshire I took 6 classes and well, I was totally burned out by the end.

In addition to class time, we girls intend to sup with Jimbo! Love this man. Cannot wait to meet him in person! Oh, and we have also planned a run to VooDoo Doughnut (and I mean run...got to work off all of the fried dough we intend to inhale somehow). There will be lots of other activities as well. I'll be blogging from Portland so as not to deprive you all of the blow by blow, or rather, the fluff by fluff.

After the show, Jenna returns to LaLaLand while I hop a plane to Vail, Colorado, for my annual work retreat.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Have no fear, even though there will be work involved, I also have plenty of fun stuff planned as well.

See you from the road everyone!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Have a blast in Portland!
What a great town.

Anonymous said...

Try and work in a trip to Powells City of Books if you can... totally worth it!

Diane Gilleland said...

Yaaay! Have a great time in our fab city. Don't miss the Knittn' Kitten, our craft-supply thrift store. http://www.knittnkitten.com. And, the Museum of Contemporary Craft.

Caroline B said...

Very jealous - that looks like fun, although I'd probably come home bankrupt! Have a good time and show us your purchases!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I just spent an insane amount of time on your site. I was wondering if you knew how I can get a copy of the Singular Tee pattern. I've googled and haven't found. Can you point me in the right direction?
You can email me at nello@diaryofthenello.com

Thanks

Shell said...

Wow! It's so pretty I wish I was going with you.

Have a great time.

Batty said...

I've always wanted to see Oregon, I've seen the most amazing nature shots coming from that state. I hope you have a great time both there and in Colorado!

Jedda said...

Hi there
Just thought I would jump across to your blog, glad I did, hope Gav is doing well.
Cheers
Jedda