Monday, August 08, 2005

Five Idiosyncrasies - LadyLinoleum Style

Okay folks, let's explore the weirdness that is moi as a result of being tagged by Suzen.
  1. Before going to bed at night I have to clean up my project space and put all of my WIPs and tools away. I mean, the room cannot looked like ANY work has been done in there. I know, OCD, so what.
  2. The clothing in my closet is categorized by type and color (i.e., short sleeved tops, then long sleeve tops, then sweaters, short skirts, long skirts, you get the drift - each sub-group further grouped into various colorways). Hmmmm, this is sounding even more OCD.
  3. I have five laundry baskets for dirty laundry/cleaning available for deposits 24/7: whites; light or medium colors; darks; delicates; dry cleaning. I never have to sort laundry! Is there a pattern developing here?
  4. I do not allow myself to start a new craft project if I already have three in process. One must be completely finished before beginning a new project. And I keep lists of ideas, in process and finished work. This helps me "stay on track" so to speak. This is getting really scary huh?
  5. I dust the lightbulbs in my lamps. It's confirmed, LadyLinoleum is definitely OCD!

If you feel like it, let's see what yer all made of: Deneen, Sara, Samantha, Kimberly and Lori!

id•i•o•syn•cra•sy - a structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group. Write down 5 of your own idiosyncrasies, then if you wish, tag 5 people.

13 comments:

none said...

Hm...you sound like my husband...

You have OCPD, not OCD. OCD is when you keep cleaning the light bulbs over and over just in case you missed a spot. You repeat things contantly, in case you didn't get it good enough or for many various reasons. People with OCPD are obsessive in that they have to have things done a specific way or it will just bug them. Like you have to have your crochet stuff put a way or you can't sleep. This is what my husband has also.

It drives me crazy. He won't even let me fold his laundry because I don't do it right. There is so much about this. It got so bad I was worried it would affect our marriage. My husband went to see the doctor and he said that as long as you realize you have this and can learn to let go a little and compromise then you don't need meds. The problem now is he realizes he has it and then doesn't compromise.

Anonymous said...

Wow... impressive!

I'm sure I would be that way if I could. I'm very much a perfectionist... but the ugly side of perfectionism is that "good enough" to you more often than not ends up being to much work to actually accomplish it, and if you can't do it perfect, you just don't do it (this is definitely evidenced my the cleanliness of my house).

I can beat you on #3, though... whites, dark sturdies, light sturdies, jeans (mostly blue jeans, although I occassionally add in something from the dark sturdies pile), light delicates, dark delicates, and reds (also treated as delicates).

And MOST of our clothes fall in the delicates category. Not because they're fine fabrics, but because if they shrink at ALL, they are too short (DH and I are both tall, DH especially in the torso), and because I want them to last just as long as possibly can (I get really attached to the things I buy or make).

ThreeOliveMartini said...

hmmm there is a NAME for that.. i just thought it was control freak LOL.. you know i am kidding with you .. you would die at the amount of WIP's i have.. i call it craft ADD .. but really there is method to my madness.. nothing ever lays around here more than a month undone (ok well except that 63 squares thing i keep telling myself i am gonna finish)

CraftyCritter said...

Oh man don't even get me started on my OCD.....If I start listing I may have to send you a big fat check with therapy written in the "for" spot...

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't like our place! It's absolute chaos. Even our cleaner isn't very good, so there's no hope for us!

Unknown said...

My hubby would call that being anal hehe

I can't believe you dust your lightbulbs... although I have on occassion..... if they needed it...

Heather Cox said...

Yay, another color sorter! :)

LadyLinoleum said...

Wendy, thanks for straightening me out...LOL

Leisel and Heather, nice to know I am not alone with my anal clothing type/color sorting extravaganza!

Beth, yeah, I am totally a control freak.

Cordelia, group therapy may be in order...LOL

LadyLinoleum said...

Oh and Kari, yes, I dust my lightbulbs!

Nancy said...

I know! We'll switch houses for a week. I'll cure your house of organized-ness......and you can cure my house of uhmm chaos. Plus, I have a really nice dog to play with and a cat that will give you ideas for the bad guys at VLA.

lol

Anonymous said...

Would you come to my house and organize my life? I hate sorting the laundry! It also seems that the lightbulbs burn out before they get dusty, so your job would be to change them! *wicked grin*

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! Check my blog! Ahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

yay! i'm so happy to read someone else does the closet thing! my friends think i'm a complete freak because of the way i keep our closets - coordinated by type and color....all the closets are little rainbows. so nice to look at and easy to find stuff. not to mention how much easier it is to put all the laundry away!!