Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Aer Lingus Shawl

Let's take a break from the Irish vacay raconteur-ship (and subsequent artistic lingual license with that last word) to take a looksee at what I accomplished while on the plane to and from Dublin:



Henceforth, this garment shall be called The Aer Lingus Shawl! And it 'tis quite fetching, no?

At any rate, I do believe that I was the only individual who boarded the plane with an entire backpack stuffed, and I do mean filled to the brim, full of yarn. It couldn't be helped. I mean, where else was I going to get a full ten hours (each way) of uninterrupted yarn-and-me time?

So I used my several hours of squishage in a coach seat wisely, for I am working out the logistics of more pieces for Project Wrongway. Just you wait and see...The pattern for this large knitted semi-circle will have its due in the limelight on the Wrongway, whatever it's transformation. Of this, you can be sure. For now though, it is pretty, functional and downright NORMAL. Anyway, I need a bit of normality 'round this here bloggy blog blog every now and again...

Knit Stats
Yarn: Crystal Palace Merino Stripes in colorways 24 and 34
Needles: Size 9 40" circ
Stitch: Stockinette

I'll write up the pattern for you all this week. It's totally simple. Hell, you can probably figure it out just by looking at it! LOL

And while we're on the topic of shawls, here's my little finished batwing diddy made from an Elann freebie pattern that I forgot to show a while back:



Ooooooh, just saw this one on Elann, while getting the link for batwingola. I think I need more yarn...

18 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

hey that batwing is some kind a sweet. ok,i think the stripy airplane time shawl is lovely too, good use of time. i usually get a read in or some crazy bumpy illustrations, but damn! that whole beautiful thing in one round trip?
i am impressed. figure it out? ahhh....

Unknown said...

Love both the shawls. I really like the Garden one on the link. Not very good knitter so I will have to pass. Awesome job.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors in the "normal" shawl, but the batwing is especially amazing!

noricum said...

Lovely shawl!

Unknown said...

Love them both but the first one is to die for!

Vera said...

Both shawls are great. I knew you had to work on something while on vacation.

Anonymous said...

Loving the shawls! I really want to try the batwing... the inner secret goth in me cries out for it ;-)

misplacedpom said...

Nice shawls:) Burning question!! They let you take knitting needles on the plane?? I've been debating whether I should take them on flights to the UK and wasn't sure whether the sharp object rule had really changed in the knitter's favour. You have given me hope :)

Oh! I think I just delurked.... so hi!

Ms Knits said...

Both of the shawl's are great. I really LOVE the batwing.

Stephen said...

B- U- T full!!!!

Norah said...

They're both gorgeous!!!

Crafty Andy said...

You are having too much fun!!! Keep it up.

LG said...

Lucky you, that could take your needles in the plane! I wanted to do the same once, but I couldn't... they made me check them in the big suitcase, it was fordibben to take them in the plane.

Cynthia Rose said...

The shawls are great. I wish I could knit -- but I crochet. I have been looking for a nice shawl pattern. I found one that is ok, but haven't found one that is really awesome yet. I saw one for a circular lacy type shawl -- but I forgot to save the web address. Not sure if was crochet or knitted though, since I only got a glimpse of it before I had log off.

natasha said...

insanity. i know i always seem like your secret stalker girlfriend, but seriously, it is almost sickening how good you are at a lot of different things. it looks like it should be in elann's book. and you knitted the first one on the flight? it is a bit of a long flight...but jesus! that is fast!

and on an offnote, airlingus sounds dirty to me everytime i hear it. i have to try not to giggle. airlingus.heeheehee.

~drew emborsky~ said...

hee heee - you said lingus...

I'm glad you didn't name the shawl "Cunning"...

I'm just sayin'...

none said...

Very nice shawls!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE BATWING!