Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weenie Link Pattern & Other Errata...

Yesterday I was out and about Downtown LA with friends doing some art viewage (story forthcoming) while donning some weenie linkage when I heard this called out to me from a passersby, "Hey, I love your hot dogs!" So, the dogs got their due despite the ubiquitous artful offerings surrounding them...



Now you too can make your own weenie-esque statement for I just posted the freebie pattern for all to crochet and enjoy. Go here to print it out and get started! Then go ahead and give me a virtual pat on the back for writing the pattern up so very promptly despite my crazy work schedule and inane amount of overtime that I'm having to endure at the cube farm presently.

Speaking of overwork, your Lady of the Linoleum is quite literally exhausted by her day job. Unable to read her usual cadre of blog offerings, answer email or eat lunch for that matter, her spirits are quite low while her level of anxiety is rocketing off the charts. Spent, depressed and freaked (and obviously self-aware of my neuroses), my friends in Bloglandia have come to my rescue with a few well-received gifties...

Steve must have known I needed a shoulder (or in this case a bust) to cry on, so he sent Rosa over.



She's made herself at home in one of our many bookshelves (next to the Venus of Willendorf as Playboy Bunny...LMAO) and is, in fact, quite a good listener. However, sometimes I could use a little advice and what with Rosa being made from paper and all, well, she's kinda quiet. Ah well, she's a beauty nonetheless! Thanks Steve!

Next, nothing soothes a Linoleum soul like YARN, shea buttah and handmade soap! Thanks Deneen! You are an angel!!!



And last, but certainly not least, I received a few more hooks from Jimbo!



Notice one of those hooks is teensy weensy? Yep, he did it! He made me a hook that is small enough to use with thread! Amazing.

Thanks everyone for your comments and emails! I will eventually catch up and be answering your emails and visiting your blogs again! I miss hanging out with you guys in the blogosphere. Hang tight with me. My pesky work schedule will let up in a few weeks!

22 comments:

Nancy said...

Work schedules can be a pain in the lower backside.....huh?

noricum said...

*hugs*

Deneen said...

hjksvcizGlad you got the pressies!

Deneen said...

I don't even know what the hell the first part of my first comment is--am I possessed?

Jennifer said...

Yes, I remember the work schedules and assorted freaking out that used to happen to me this time of year. Yeah for the Weenie scarf pattern, phase 1 of Halloween costume is a go!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Deneen: hjksvciz

And hang in there!

~drew emborsky~ said...

Look at me, I'm anonymous!

stuffed said...

Was it a male or a female commenting on the gloriousness of the dogs? Just wondering because I have a theory that men are intimidated by hot dog imagery. :)

Everybody is sending you such loveliness. I feel left out. I should send you something...

Willie Baronet said...

Ok, not a crochet person (yet) but love the hot dog thingy!! :-)

LG said...

Oh Regina, take it easy...

Anonymous said...

Speaking for myself (and others as well, I'm sure) we'll still be here when you can come up for air again. Take care, dearie!

Anonymous said...

Hey is Rosa Paper Mache? I like her very much.

Kimberly said...

From one Cube Farm indentured servant to another, I hope that things get better! Bah to work! Don't they understand that we need time to knit and crochet??????

Ms Knits said...

Love the weenies!

FinnyKnits said...

Perhaps you can crochet yourself a stunt double to stand in for you at your desk while you escape to revive your creativity away from The Farm. Meantime, love the dogs. I will make some for a future Giants game. I'm sure I'll be a hit!

Anonymous said...

hang in there!!

i love the above idea of you crocheting yourself a stunt double... that's so crazy, it just might work!

still sending happy vibes your way!

Micky said...

Oh thank you so much! Love it! Can't wait to get the grill pattern and make them all. I have all of your other patterns, so I need the full set.
:)

Yeah So said...

okay so why bother going to Vegas if you're not going to at least be able to enjoy where the sins of sin city take place? why not have the "retreat" in the middle of a potato farm in Idaho then?

Stephen said...

Thanks for giving Rosa a good home. She is a good listener, and HOPEFULLY if she starts talking, she won't spill too much on me! ;)

Take care!

Miri Mack said...

Thanks for the pattern. It's great!

Red Rocket said...

I cannot thank you enough for the pattern. It's the exact project I was looking for.

Anonymous said...

cool blog! you got a sweet life.

James
http://lesbian-sex-now.blogspot.com