Thursday, April 13, 2006

I get *buy* with a little help from my friends...

I am a big devotee of adding stuff to my stash by purchasing goods offered by my fellow bloggers. Yarn, hooks, thread, fabric, hand-made items, whatever! There is some good stuff out there for the taking made by some amazingly talented peeps.

My most recent acquisition appeared in my box o' mail after having made its way from North Carolina and the home of the three olive martini enthusiast herself, Elizabeth! Now, many of you peeps are already familiar with the crack fiber that Elizabeth is pushing marketing. If perchance you've managed to get through life thus far without being exposed to Elizabeth's marvelous hand-dyed magical combos, well then, you've been missing out big time! Take a looksee at this stuff, specially dyed to Linoleum specifications:



Is that not the most gorgeous sock yarn you've ever laid eyes upon? C'mon you know you want some...go visit Beth and tell her you need a fix...

Next bit of fabulousness found in my personal post consisted of whittled wood. Oh, but not just ANY random scraped-up twig. No, this pair of whittled wonders came to me from none other than Jimbo!



Aren't they bee-you-ti-ful?

Well, y'all need to git sum 'cuz Jimbo and his hooks are rocking my world AND I like the guy AND the man is using the proceeds from his hook-makin' to build hisself a posh pad. So there. Go now and buy some groovy hooks!

If only Jimbo could figure out how to make some teensy weensy little hooks to fit my beloved thread, my hook habit would be sated...

Git to shoppin' everyone so I can live my life through you! I know...I'm pathetic...

14 comments:

noricum said...

Those Jimbo hooks are sooooo purty!

Crafty Andy said...

The hooks are very interesting. The yarn is very mesmerizing. Thanks for sharing with us.

none said...

Pretty yarn and I love Jimbo hooks...

ps...
Check this out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/electricbiscuit/tags/dawnofthedead/show/

This is her blog http://electricbiscuitonline.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great looking yarn and hooks!

Ms Knits said...

Nice! I love the color's in that yarn.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I have GOT to make my sister buy some of that yarn.

Christina B. said...

That yarn is very beautiful and what Awe...some hooks.

Unknown said...

I am hopefully going to get a hook from Jimbo only I have to wait to see if he can make it out of my precious rose wood....Cant wait....

Miri Mack said...

I am in love with those hooks!

hi, i'm natalie said...

Er, Regina... Jimbo makes gorgeous handles for steel hooks.

Gorgeous! All of it!

Ms Knits said...

You've GOT TO check this out!
http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/crafts/

FinnyKnits said...

Ok, I'm officially yerning. I need some of that multi-red sock yarn. For what? Dunno. But I am thinking that another pair of fingerless gloves could be in my future.

Heather said...

i had a boyfriend carve hairstix for me...when my hair was 27" longer! never thought to ask for crafty things!

Anonymous said...

Wholesale Crochet, hand made in Bali.

Very nice handicraft whitled crochet hooks, I would be proud of of them. (Boys aren't supposed to crochet, but I admit that I can, and using those hooks would lessen the embarrasment if anyone ever saw me) Thanks again 8-)