Friday, April 13, 2007

Obsessions



Okay, I know that I've been harping on movies and celebrities and the like for the past couple of weeks and you're probably all sick to death of my blather. Nonetheless I must state that I am anxiously awaiting this film's release. Come on! The title alone is enough to send me racing toward the theater at top speed so that I may feverishly hand over my 14 bucks to the ticket-jockey, only to breathe a sigh of relief after obtaining the actual admittance slip that not only will assure my buttocks placement in a cinema seat, but a spot in the nachos queue as well. Okay, so I kinda like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (and nachos). Actually, I love them (all). And my husband knows it. And yes, he's okay with it as long as I don't go (cheesy-substitute) crazy stalker chick on him.

I'm so excited! In fact, I believe I need to do a little Simon and Nick marathon in prep for this cinematic event. I'll start it off with the classic, Shaun of the Dead, followed by a little Spaced, rounding it out with a bit of Hyperdrive and finally, Kinky Boots.

However, I can't let my movie mission deter me from yet another cool event taking place this weekend. Woo hoo! Nuthin' like used magical sooplies to make this Lady loopy!

Happy weekend everyone!

10 comments:

ArgylePony said...

Hot Fuzz is fan-f'ing-tastic! I saw it twice in 2 days. I have found however people either love it or hate it - depends on their type of humour. Watch out for Peter Jackson as evil Santa and Cate Blanchett as Jennine :)

I hope you like even HALF as much as I did. You've inspired me to watch Kinky Boots tonight!

Reel Fanatic said...

I laughed through every minute of Shaun of the Dead, so I'm definitely excited to see this one too .. It's listed as "limited" in release at Yahoo! movies next week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get it at all

Diane Gilleland said...

I love the Magic Castle -- so jealous! Say hello to the ghost piano-player for me. :-)

Anonymous said...

I so want to see that movie too!

Anonymous said...

I am yet another person anxiously awaiting that movie. After Shaun of the Dead, those two can have my ticket-money any time.

Stephen said...

Shaun of the dead was GREAT. Snoozed a bit through kinky boots though. Ahhh two movies to go search for. Off to the video store. Wonder how long it will take hot fuzz to make its way down here?!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one with a Simon Pegg/Nick Frost fetish!!! I'm so glad I'm not alone!! I loved Spaced, it's up there as one of my favourite programs. (Brian the artist was my favourite character.) I am SO looking forward to seeing Hot Fuzz too!

Marietta said...

all good times to watch! am hoping baby will sleep through it so i can see it HOT FUZZ in the movies

those two seem to pop up everywhere - the new dr who as well and some other random small british films

christianne said...

The boyfriend and I have been waiting months for this movie to come out - we were in England the week before it came out there and we've been anxiously awaiting!!!

Ellen Bloom said...

Hey! I heard something about someone developing the land around the Magic Castle, Yamashiro's etc. I do hope the buildings aren't in danger! Sigh. Disappearing Los Angeles.