Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Snakes on a Plane

While traveling around these past few weeks I took the time to indulge in a little OPP (other people's patterns). Not only does this give me a break from my design on a dime schedule, but I get a chance to make some really cool stuff!

I thought it apropos to tackle this awesome scarf while sitting in a tube at 30,000 feet...



Yep, I knit a snake on a plane! It just doesn't get more smart-ass than that.

This quick knit was made using this here kit available from Morehouse Farm (one of my favorite yarn sites to visit). When I purchased the rattler kit I also purchased this kit. Can't wait to get started on the fire breathing neck wrap!

I love the internets.

16 comments:

StarKnits said...

LOL that is hilarous! that site is pretty cool too! i'm off to explore!

lisa solomon said...

you are SUCH a smart ass [and we all love it]

Unknown said...

*squeals*

ooooooooo snake on a plane!!!
love the colors!

Ms Knits said...

LOVE IT!!!!! LOL
Can't wait to see your dragon.

Sus said...

I have coveted that dragon for awhile now -- can't wait to see yours! I'll just live vicariously, if you don't mind. :) The snake is awesome and I love that you knit it on a plane. You are a rockstar.

Micky said...

Very cool. And just the kind of smartass sense of humor I like.
The dragon is the one I would have picked.
Now you know you have to take that snake with you just for that purpose when you fly.
:)

stuffed said...

I love the internets, too. :0)

Samantha said...

I've been wanting to make a dragon from them for ages! I'm lovin the snake on a plane!

Miranda said...

That snake is so cool..

Jennifer said...

The dragon scarf is a very cool knit, but make sure it's long enough before you get to the head. I should have added a few more repeats on the one I made for my husband, it was a little short. I keep thinking about doing the dragon scarf using Noro! Wouldn't that be multi-colored fun? :)

Crafty Andy said...

This is awesome regina lol!

Carol said...

Very nicely done! Enjoy your downtime!

Susan Schwake said...

oooh crazy snake! your package went out yesterday... fedex..
i will send the second today - usps (the gift)
heads up!
hissssssss!

Anonymous said...

I have to ask, what do you do with all the things you make?

Anonymous said...

!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So nice!!!