Monday, September 19, 2005

VLA Booty Haul - The Final Chapter

Final VLA booty haul is brought to you by Noodle Dude and his cohorts: Ro; her lovely husband; and her nine year old daughter and creative genius, Kitty! Big round of applause for this family of Veggie Worshipers!

So, who the heck is Noodle Dude you ask? Well, he is just the most versatile and Veggie-lovin' Noodle ev-ver! My good buddy Ro describes the nature of our pasta-born comrade below:

My nine year old (just sign her "Kitty Bling!") designed and made Noodle
Dude, a Pasta sidekick for the VLA! Use him as a rope, a lasso,
anything you need, Noodle Dude is there!

Not only did Kitty draw this lovely portrait of our carbohydrate-based Veggie sidekick above, but she actually crocheted a three-dimensional version (shown below)! Kitty, you are amazing! I know I speak for all of the members of the VLA when I say, "SCORE!" How awesome is this guy???

Hold onto yer collective hats because Noodle Dude is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this group's donations! Oh yeah feast yer eyes on this stuff...

A laptop! Going wireless is a necessity for the Veggie on the run, I mean, go...

A sleeping bag! And this lovely bedding for the Veggie on the run, I mean, go, matches the beloved soil from which our fibrous friends were sprouted. Dirt sweet dirt...

Moola!

Now for the finale...

I was going to have our Veggie heroes model some of the disguises Ro created for them, but I really like her images of these fabulous ensembles. Go here, now, quick, to see Ocho the churro model Ro's couture VLA duds. NOT TO BE MISSED!!

This stuff rocks our leaves and stems!

On behalf of the VLA, I wanted to thank all of the amazing contributors (Heather, Jessica, Lori, Deneen, Ro and her hubby, Kitty, Lena and you too Kari - curse the USPS!) who have helped the Veggies out with their amazing talent and generosity. You guys are awesome!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Wanna support the VLA? Add the button (also made by Ro) on my sidebar to your blog and link it back here. Show the world that you are a Vegetable at heart!

4 comments:

Micky said...

The ranks keep growing and growing. Pretty soon, nothing will be able to stop them. And lots of fundage for their missions.
I will try and do my honorary membership proud.
:)

Micky said...

By the way, I have shouted from the rooftops (well my blog anyway), and told all who read where to go. No, not there! Here, silly. Take a look and let me know if you approve.
:)

~drew emborsky~ said...

Do artichoke hearts have hearts?

Anywho, the gear is fantastic! I love the disguises Ro contributed!!

Soulknitting said...

Marching right along with you and VLA!! Hehehhhhe.